Chapter 11 - Mental Pictures

Chapter 11 – Mental Pictures

Skyler's POV

   Allison froze as I shakily said her name, you couldn't hear her cry, but you could still see her tears streaming down her face. Wrapping my arms around my reason I'm living, I snuggled my head into her neck; she threw her arms around my neck and buried her head into my chest.
   "Y-You remember me..." Allison whispered, tightening her grip. I nodded into her neck, feeling ashamed of myself I had forgotten her at all. How could I? How could I forget her, of all the people in the world? She's my reason to live...How could I forget that?
   "I'm...so, so sorry, my Princess..." I gasped from breath, trying to hold back tears from falling anymore than they already had been. They wouldn't stop. The tears never seem to cease. Unfortunately, I ended up sobbing along with her.
   I felt like the most horrible person in the world once again...
   For forgetting someone as special to me as her.
   "D-Don't worry, Skyler...It was because of the surgery, don't worry," Allison spoke sadly.
   "I...I know, Allison, b-but what if it happens again? What if I forget you completely next time– if it ever happens again?"
   Her eyes widened, and her shivering ceased. She completely froze in place, as she was still cuddled up on me. Allison looked up at me, her eyes and face filled with fear.
   "Skyler–..." her voice had no emotion whatsoever, "promise me you won't let that happen. Please, make a mental promise to me that you will never forget me. Please, Skyler. J-Just don't forget me," her voice cracked at the end of her sentence. Sniffing slightly, I nodded my head. Leaning down, pressing my lips onto hers, I made my mental promise to her. Cupping my hand onto her cheek, I went a little more forcefully, more playfully; smiling underneath. Surprisingly, for me, she didn't pull away. So, that gave me a hint to continue– and so I did.

   Being interrupted with the sound of rain smashing the windows, Allison jumped back. She must have gotten frightened or something from the sound of strong winds blowing outside her bedroom's window.
   "You knew I had a fear of storms, right?" she spoke shakily. I nodded my head no.
   A bolt of lightening lit up the room, it striking the ground with a loud boom. She had yelped, and went under the covers. I could see her shaking underneath.
   "A-Allison, it's okay, we're inside– nothing's going to happen to us," I tried coaxing her, but it faltered. Sighing lightly, I tried to move the covers up and off of her shaken body. Shoving the covers away, Allison still wouldn't budge from being face-down on the bed, staying in one place.
   "Allison–"
   "D-Don't make me move! I– I'm terrified of these damn storms, okay?!"
   "I understand that, b-but, I'm here with you, okay? You're under a roof, and you're dry. You're okay, alright?"
   "Skyler– you just remembered who I was not even what– a few moments ago?! P-Please, I can't look at that storm out there. I just can't!"
   Myself being caught off guard, I stepped up from the bed, my stomach aching with severe pain, I shrieked. Allison's head popped up, and noticed I had stood up on my feet by myself.
   "L-Lay back down, Skyler...You shouldn't be up and running around, okay? I'll get whatever you need for you, just tell me what you need– You're injured...I don't want you to hurt yourself anymore than you are now." I felt flattered, I'll be honest with you. That a lady would be willing to serve me hand and foot– but that type of behavior she's saying she'd do is complete control, and as well as extremely rude to a woman. I wouldn't dream of treating a lady like she's my servant. It's just not in my genetics...I could never treat a lady like that. Especially my little Allison.
   "N-No, Princess, I won't allow you to do that, okay? It would be completely controlling of me to let you serve me at your own will. I'm being honest with you, I'd rather myself treat you like an actual princess, rather than me being treated like a prince."
   Allison sat there– shell-shocked. Well, until lightening and thunder clashed once again outside, where she jumped up and clung onto my shirt, wrapping her legs around my back. Not necessarily expecting that to happen, I backed up, our weights being combined, and I bounced off the wall behind me.
   "Gah! Sk-Skyler, I'm sorry! I– I didn't mean to run into the wall, I'm sorry!" Allison looked up at me with her deep-blue, gleaming eyes. I could feel my cheeks scorching. Seeing her expression going from guilty to devilish, I knew what was going on. I was blushing.
   "You're blush–..." I cut her off.
   "Already got the memo, thanks," I mumbled, completely embarrassed of myself. I tried staying out of her eye-contact, because I knew that she would just make me feel even more embarrassed of myself than I was already feeling. She only giggled and kept trying to look in my eyes, but I wouldn't let her.
   "Aw, come on Skyler, I wanna see your pretty eyes!" My cheeks flushed even more. I kept having to go out of sight of her view.
   I felt her slipping. Oh, goddammit, I knew what I had to do, didn't I?
   "Sorry but–" Squeeze! 
   "Skyler! Y-You son of a–"
   "Did you want to fall on your ass, or be grabbed on the ass?" I smiled deviously, seeing Allison flare up like a flame.
   "I– I don't know, Skyler! Hell, maybe I should've just let go, I don't know!"
   Squeeze!

"Goddammit Skyler–!" Allison shrieked, rubbing up against my chest, her forehead coming into contact with mine slightly. My cheeks were still burning, as I looked into her innocent eyes. With that, I felt her lips pressed against mine once again, this time she was going at it, not me. Myself turning around so Allison was pushed up against the wall, I went along perfectly. She would flinch whenever the thunder and lightening clashed outside, but since now I blocked her view of the window, she wouldn't be able to see. Eventually, she pulled away to get some air.
   "G-Goddamn, Skyler..."
   Laughing slightly, Squeeze!, and then I set her down on the ground.
   "You pinch too hard..." she mumbled nervously, reached up to feel my cheeks, which were still inflamed, "but, your cheeks do look quite cute whenever their red, just so you know."
   "Oh shush, Alli–" I lost my voice, it cracked and went away.
   "Aw, poor baby's becoming like me," she smiled, stepping over to hug me.
   "What a reunion, huh?"
   "But it's memorable, ain't it?" she laughed slightly, letting go and starting to walk towards the door, but I grabbed her wrist before she could get away. Pulling her back into my chest, I crushed her body with my arms.
   "D-Don't leave..." I spoke shyly, myself thinking I was making a complete full out of myself.
   "Skyler–?" Allison wrapped her arms around my neck, and stared into my eyes yet again. Her glare paralyzes me.
   "Don't let go."