Chapter 15 - Cecilia: The Mysterious Girl

Chapter 15  Cecilia: The Mysterious Girl

Allison's POV

   I opened my car's passenger door, and got in, completely silent.
   "What's wrong, princess?" Skyler asked, grabbing onto my hand.
   "What? Oh, no it's nothing," I said looking down, trying not to stare at Skyler, because I knew I'd get embarrassed, even though I already was.  
  "You're embarrassed aren't you?" Skyler said in a playful tone, starting to back out of the drive-way. I nodded, and pulled my knees to my chest. Skyler laughed slightly and replied, "Well, let's get going then."
   "O-Okay."
   "Do you want to go anywhere else? I'll take you anywhere you'd like," he replied.
   "Heh, I knew you were going to say something like that."
   "Hm?" he remarked.
   "It's only another reason to make me love you even more," I said, grabbing his hand. A few seconds after I said that, I felt myself jerk forward from the car being stopped right in place.
   "Skyler!" I shrieked, slamming back into my seat. A few moments passed by, and no reply or anything, "Skyler?" I got a little worried, and poked on his shoulder.
   "S-Sorry..." He said quietly.
   "I...didn't expect you to say that..."
   "What?! What did I say wrong?" I remarked.
   "Nothing. You...You said nothing wrong. I just never thought you would say..." his voice trailed off.
   "You never thought I'd say I'd love you, hm?" I said in a playful tone, and smiled, reaching over to kiss his cheek.
   He started driving again a few moments later.
   "Wanna go get something to eat  later, sweet-cheeks?" Skyler asked.
   "Sure! I was starting to get hungry anyways," I said, while my face lit up.
   "Alright, we'll decide where to go later, I suppose," he said, and continued to drive towards the grocery, where we'd find ourselves yet another dreadful surprise.
   "N-No–...Not her!" I heard Skyler mumble.
   "Wh-What's wrong Skyler?"
   "It-It's her..." I heard him mumble, while he parked the car in a parking spot.
   "Her? Who's her? I don't see anyone?" I looked out the window, and then turned back to Skyler, who was covering his head with his arms on the steering wheel. He stayed silent for a while, which made me worry.
   "Sk-Skyler, you can leave if you want, I'll stay here at the grocery until you feel better?" I remarked. He nodded into his arms.
   "Okay–...Call me when you feel better alright?" I said, opening the car door and getting out. I started to walk towards the entrance, and turned around a couple times, still seeing his car motionless. Who was 'Her?' Why would 'She' have an effect on Skyler? I looked back one more time before I entered the grocery, and saw that my vehicle was gone. What was wrong with Skyler? Who was that girl he was talking about?
   I kept thinking and pondering about that girl he was talking about during my trip in the store, only getting a few things. I never got a call from Skyler, hinting myself that he never got to feeling better. So, I decided to call Liz.
   "Hey hun, how are you and your boyfriend?" she answered the phone call.
   "N-Not that well right now, I guesss" I replied, while I sat on a bench.
   "Aw, how come?"
   "Apparently Skyler saw a girl that he knew? And now he's just–...I don't know. I need you to do me a favor and pick me up at the grocery store. Skyler saw the girl while we were in the parking lot and–..." My voice trailed off once someone approached me.
   "H-Hello? Alli? Look, I'm on my way okay?" she said as I set down my phone on the bench, and she hung up.
   "So, you're the girl Skyler's with?" said a girl in a mellow tone in front of me.
   "W-Who are y-you?" I asked, stunned by someone even saying that.
   "O-Oh, I'm sorry. My name is Cecilia–..." she spoke silently.
   "I'm sure Skyler's spoken of me before–..." Cecilia said, tearing up, and sat beside me on the bench.
   "I–...I've never heard of a Cecilia from Skyler before. He's mainly only talked about his friends in middle school and high school, and also his parents," I replied, moving my bag on the ground for her to have some room.
   "R-Really?" she remarked, shoving her long black hair out of her face. "I-I'm surprised–..."
   "H-How do you know Skyler?" I wondered.
  "I was his friend in middle school and high school, too," Then it hit me. Was she the girl from the parties that Skyler was talking about? The girl that had feelings for him? The girl that had s-sex with him?
   "You're not the girl that Skyler's had sex with– are you?!" I asked her, tearing up myself.
   "I knew he would've spoken about me."
   "I– I–..." I stuttered, not knowing what to say.
   "I saw you walk out of a car with Skyler, so I figured you were with him."
   "Y-Yeah, I...I guess you could say I'm with him," I said, looking into my lap also.
   ...
   "He's called me a slut hasn't he?" she asked, dropping some tears.
   "Um–...Y-Yes." I spoke silently.
   She nodded her head, "I suspected he'd call me that," she broke down, crying, "I– I–...never meant to act the way I did with him at the parties, I swear," she sobbed, in between gasps for breath from her crying
   As soon as I was about to say something, a car pulled up in front of us. It was Liz.
   "Um–...uh–...I– I have to go."
   "Alli! Who's that?!" I heard Liz shout from her window. I didn't really know what to do with Cecilia. I decided after a few moments to give her my phone-number, so that way she'd have someone to talk to, at least.
   "I understand, Cecilia," I whispered, giving her the little piece of paper, "Talk to me whenever you have these feelings okay? I understand completely."
   "Y-You–...Wh-Why are you being so nice to me?" she questioned, wiping away her tears with the sleeve of her black jacket.
   "Don't worry about it."
   Cecilia gave a little smile, "Th-Thank you–..."
   "My name's Allison, sorry I forgot to tell you."
   "Thank you, Allison," she stood up, and gave me a hug.
   "Thank you so much for u-understanding–..." She let go, and waved goodbye slightly. I got into the car, where Liz was spouting out questions everywhere.
   "Alli who was that girl? What was she doing sitting by you? Is she a friend? Who is she?"
   "My gosh, Liz. Will your mouth ever run out of words?" I asked her in a playful tone as Liz drove away from the grocery.
   "So, will you answer me Alli?" Liz said, whining.
  "Her name was Cecilia. She was a girl Skyler knew a while back. That's all I'm telling you."
   "But–"
   I cut her off, "No." I said, smiling faintly.
   "Aw, fine. So, do you want to hang out with me now? Or do you want me to drop you off at your house?"
   "Sure it's fine, we can hang out."
   "Yay!" She said happily.
   "Where do you wanna go?" she said, bouncing up and down at she drove.
   "Are you hyped up on crack or something?" I asked her, laughing slightly, "Hm...Well, I dunno where to go, so it's your choice."
   "Gatti-Town?!"
   "Ugh, fine! Remember, though?! We almost got kicked out that last time we went because of you! You just had to flirt with that waiter didn't you?" I teased her.
   "Oh come on! You were too and you know it! He was fucking sexy as hell!" We both laughed at our last memories of Gatti-Town, and had little small-talks from where we were at till we got there.
   Liz parked in a parking spot and said, "Hopefully they don't recognize us."
   "Pfft. Of course they'll recognize you! Your dyed-blue hair is another trademark from last time!"
   "Well, of course they won't recognize you."
   "How's that?" I asked her.
   "You became even more prettier!"
   "Oh shush, I'm not pretty at all."  I said, getting out of her car, "Come on, let's try to get inside," I laughed slightly.