Chapter 17 - But, I'm Not a Princess

Chapter 17 But, I'm Not a Princess

Allison's POV

   "I really don't want to go to school today–..." I heard Skyler gave a big sigh, pulling his backpack back onto his shoulder, and got out of the car. I got out also, and went over to Skyler's side.
   "I think the hangover is starting to kick in again..." he said, putting his hand on his head.
  "D-Do you want to go back home? I'll make an excuse for you if you want?"
  Skyler shook his head and replied, "No, I don't want to leave you alone again, look where it took me last time," he grabbed onto my hand.
  "B–..." I was cut off.
   "No, I'm staying," Skyler replied, opening the main door for me, seeing everyone stare at us.
  "It's going to be okay. Don't worry about what they're going to think," Skyler whispered, yanking my arm while he rushed past everybody.
   I took a quick peek from behind me, seeing everyone still snickering and laughing. Apparently rumours went around about us being beaten to the ground by Makayla and the jocks a week ago. Why must our lives be so complicated? I guess that's just the reason though, it's life. We walked by a hallway, and Liz came running towards us, jumping up and down.
  "So, how's the lovely couple doing?" Liz said in a playful tone, full of excitement. I stopped in place, while Skyler was still walking and still holding my hand, making him be jerked back, running into my shoulder.
  "Ow!" I huffed, rubbing my shoulder.
  He sighed deeply, and stood beside me, replying, "I don't think we should talk about this at this moment, Liz. Come on Allison, let's go," he said quickly, yanking myself along with him.
  "Skyler! Slow down!" I shrieked, looking back at Liz who was laughing her ass off.
  "Have fun you two!" she yelled, and seeing her wave at me.
   "Ugh, Skyler. Where are you taking me exactly?!" I snapped, trying to loosen his grip on my hand.
   "I'm taking you to your first class," I heard him reply.
  "I don't think that this is the appropriate way to do so, Skyler!" I said, laughing slightly, keeping along with his pace, since I didn't really have a choice to make him stop. As soon as I thought of that, I found myself in front of the History class.
  I was gasping for breath, "Geez, Skyler. What gives for that?" I looked up at him, seeing he was perfectly fine.
  "Ugh," I remarked, rolling my eyes, "Thanks for somewhat 'escorting' me," I replied, squeezing his hand a little more before I let go, and went into the classroom. As soon as I walked in however, I found myself face to face with Makayla, and what a coincidence, nobody else was in the room with her.
   "Well darling, isn't it a surprise to see you here," she remarked, giving a wicked smile.
  "What do you want now–..." I said, trying to gain my confidence.
  "Oh hunny, listen carefully. I would be cautious if I were you darling, because if you ever come around me or anyone I know again, you're going end up worse than you were before, got it?" she said, getting right up into my face.
  "Just go back to fucking one of your jocks like the slut you are, Makayla," I mumbled under my breath, hoping I wouldn't get too beaten up. Her face was full of fury, seeing her hand raise up to slap me, but it didn't get quite planned out the way she expected it to.
   The history teacher came into the classroom, seeing Makayla and me.
  "Now what exactly is going on here?" His voice was stern. I turned toward Makayla, to see her wiping away fake tears, and her wailing.
  "Oh, Mr. Phillips! Please help me! Th-This girl was about to smack me across the face, and said such mean things to me!"
   I could not believe her...Did she not think about possibly the 'Nerd and Fag' being beaten to the ground, or many Jocks and Preps called it, wouldn't be spread towards the teachers? Mr. Phillips looked towards me, and then back to Makayla.
  "You're coming with me, miss." I saw Mr. Phillips walk over to us, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Makayla grinning wickedly at me. Mr. Phillips grabbed Makayla's arm, and started to walk out of the classroom, while I heard every word Makayla spoke.
   "Wait, what?! Where do you think you're taking me?! She's the one who was about to smack me! You're going to be sued by my Daddy!"
  The door closed before I could hear anymore. Once it closed completely, I bursted out with laughter. The little bitch finally for once got what she deserved. I calmed down and took my seat before the bell rang for the first class to begin, having the other students and a substitute enter the classroom, starting the day.
   I was joyful for the time throughout my first few classes, knowing that justice finally came towards Makayla. I was awaiting for lunch-time to arrive, so I could give the news to Liz and Skyler. Already some Preps started gossiping about Makayla being sent to the principal's office, now she will be the main talk in the school instead of Skyler and me. To be honest though, I never thought this day would come, knowing for the fact that Makayla could get out of everything that she did wrong. My second class ended, and I started to walk towards my next class, feeling a tap on my shoulder from behind me, and then myself being lifted up onto someone's shoulder.
   "Skyler! What the hell do you think you're doing?! Put me down!" I kicked and punched his back, hearing him laughing like crazy, and seeing everybody surprisingly just mind their own business.
   "Where the hell are you taking me Skyler?!"
   "I'm taking you nowhere!" he said, out of breath from laughing so much.
  "Everybody is going to see my ass! Put me down Skyler! You don't want the Jocks to start hitting on me do you?!" I said, starting to laugh hysterically. As soon as I said that, Skyler put me down, I saw him blushing like crazy.
   "Wh-Where did you get that topic from?!" I heard him mumble under his breath.
   I giggled, and grabbed his hand, "I knew you would react like this."
   I looked around, seeing everybody just mind their own business still for once, instead of snickering or mocking us, they just kept gossiping about Makayla.
   "Notice anything different, Skyler?" I said, starting to walk while I was still holding his hand, him following with me.
   "Everybody isn't acting the way they usually do–..." he replied, looking around.
   "Mmm hmm, and guess why?" I said giving a huge grin.
  "I don't know, all I know is that it's something with that slut Makayla again," I heard him mumble, while he was still looking around. I was so excited to tell him the news.
   "Well guess what?" I said in a playful tone, squeezing Skyler's hand a little more.
   "What?" he replied back, in the same tone.
   "Makayla got what she deserved. She being her usual bitchy self to me in History class, and then the teacher walked in as soon as she was about to–...smack me. Now, she's most-likely going to be suspended for a while."
  "Seriously?" he replied. I nodded, and started to let go of his hand, since I was next to my Chemistry class.
   "Well, that's great! Finally for once you get a break from her, I'm glad," he said with a soft voice, while putting his hand on my cheek, and then kissed me.
    "See you at lunch, Princess," he whispered in my ear, giving me those shivers down my spine.
    "But I'm not a princess..." I replied, putting my hand on the doorknob.
    "Well you're my Princess then," he gave a slight chuckle, and started to walk away.

    "Omigosh, did you hear about Makayla?!" I heard some Preps whispering back and forth beside me. Apparently Makayla being caught by the teachers is some legendary thing in gossip history. I guess that's obvious, because she is the most-popular girl in our school. Throughout my Chemistry class, all I did was daydream about Skyler of course. I really could not believe all of this has happened to me. Myself being so lucky to be with Skyler, to have my best-friend back, to just be lucky myself. I looked forward for lunch-time to finally arrive so I could be by them again.
   I was in my fourth class, and finally the lunch-bell rang. I started to pack my things, and got up out of my seat, whenever I heard a voice.
   "E-Excuse me," I looked up from my backpack to see a girl in a light blue dress, and having brunette hair, "I...I'm new to this school. I...need some help getting to the lunch-room," she spoke shyly, and held her head low. Why would a pretty girl like her be approaching me? Hardly anybody does anyways, so why would she?
  "Um–...I– I'll lead you to the lunch-room if you'd like," I spoke shyly too, since I was afraid of the mocking or rude looks. 
   "Thank you. I'm actually really happy to hear, b-because hardly anyone answers me–...A-Apparently I-I'm a Nerd?"
   I started to walk with her towards the lunch-room, and replied, "Heh, I've been there before, many times. Practically for every single school-year I have–..."
   "O-Oh–...same with me. I just moved here from Washington state, I lost all of my friends I had up there, so it's like I'm alone all over again. I was hoping I could find some friends today, but it hasn't really worked out for me, just like everything in my life I guess. See, um...I have this f-fear of...looking up at people, I feel like they...t-tower over m-me..."
   Her voice trailed off. After a few moments, she asked, "W-What is your name?"
   "My name is Allison, what's your's?" I replied, starting to open the door to the noisy lunch-room.
   "M-My name is Kelsey."
   I looked over to the left, seeing that a table was empty.
   "There's a few tables with empty spots where you can sit at. I usually eat outside,"
   "O-Oh! Um– i-is it okay if I go with you?"
   "Sure, I guess. I wouldn't mind."
   We left the lunch-room, heading outside for the old oak tree. Nobody was there? Skyler and Liz were no where in sight.
   "I-Is something wrong, Allison?"
   "Oh, it's just that the people I usually sit with aren't here," I mumbled, think of where they could possibly be.
   "I'm sorry,"
   We sat down, and started eating out lunch.
  "S-So Allison, I know this is sorta a corny question, but will you–...be my friend? You've already been so nice to me...and I could use a new friend to help me," Kelsey asked quietly, looking into her lap.
   "Heh, sure." I replied, still wishing I had Skyler with me, grabbing onto the necklace he got me. I've worn that necklace ever since he put it around my neck–...it always reminded me of him.
   "That's a pretty necklace," I heard Kelsey say, while she smiled a little bit.
   "Thanks, a dear person gave it to me," I saw her squint her eyes to see the necklace more.
   "S and A? Do you have a boyfriend?" she asked, seeming to get excited.
   "Heh, well–...I– I guess you can say that I do?" I was confused with words at the time.
   "Wow! What's his name?" Kelsey said in a high-pitched tone.
   "S-Skyler," I replied, starting to get worried.
   "W-What's with the worried look for?"
   I just couldn't really speak at the time, I was getting too upset about Skyler and Liz not showing up. Were they alright?
   "W-What's the matter, Allison?" Kelsey continued, shaking me a little bit on my shoulder.
   "Huh? O-Oh–...I'm just–..." My voice trailed off, as I started tearing up.
   "D-Did I do something wrong? Wh–..." Kelsey kept trying to get my attention, but I just couldn't focus.
  "Skyler–...Where are you? You said you wouldn't leave me alone again–..." I mumbled to myself, putting my head into my arms, crying as much as I could, yearning for Skyler's arms to be around me, to have his comfort. Where could he possibly be this time? Why would he leave me alone again? There's so many questions I have going through my mind.
   "I-I'm sorry, Kelsey," I lifted up my head, and wiped away my tears streaming down my face.
   "It's just...personal stuff," I said, nodding a little bit.
   She seemed to get the idea, and nodded too, and replied, "I understand. I've had those situations too, many times in my life. Dealing with everything that's gone on," The lunch bell rang, dismissing us to our sixth class.
   "Do you know where to go?" I asked Kelsey, and she nodded.
  "Yeah, thanks for everything! Bye Allison!" And so, we headed to our next class, entering the main doors once again.

   Throughout the whole time of school from lunch-time, I never saw Skyler. I walked out of the main doors, looking around to hopefully see Skyler, which I didn't. I sighed deeply, and started to walk towards the side-walk. I decided to go over to the old oak tree, it would've been the best choice to possibly make me happy at the moment. I approached the tree, and looked around, seeing no one. I took a couple steps and sat under the tree, remembering Skyler. I held my necklace he'd given me, and hoped he'd show up again, and finding myself crying again. As soon as I put my head in my legs that were scrunched up into my chest, I felt arms wrapped around me, and Skyler's voice.
   "Don't worry princess, I'm right here. Cry out as long as you want to, I'll always be here for you."
   I lifted up my head, and looked to my left, seeing no one. I was only imagining, instead of it being a reality. This made me yearn for him more, and only made myself cry out more. I still had my hand bunched up around my necklace, still very much wishing he was here, instead of disappearing again out of sight. Where could he have possibly gone this time...He always seems to leave me. I looked up, and saw couples, just making me feel worse. I tried to forget about Skyler at that moment, by drawing in my own notebook, drawing doodles and such, but of course it didn't work out the way I planned for it to go. I just gave up, tearing up and putting away my things, got up, and started walking home.
   Possibly Skyler went home early again? He's at my house maybe? Why does he just disappear...He said he'd be here beside me today, and now he's gone again. I approached the front steps, walked up them, and went inside my home, seeing no one in sight. Well, here I am again in this situation. Myself being a nervous and upset wreck, not knowing where Skyler is at, possibly being beaten again or something. I set down my things by the front door, then headed towards my bedroom, grabbing my pj's, and went into my bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. I looked horrible, having mascara stains streamed down my face. I took my shower, hoping that it would get my mind off of things, whenever I knew I couldn't. When would this end? When would Skyler stop disappearing, leaving me at a state I cannot control, it overpowers me, these feelings inside myself.
   I put on my night clothes, and started walking towards my bedroom, to start my continuous crying of course. To be honest, I know why I cry so much–...And I let it rule over me. All of these things in the past I dwell on, everything I did wrong, everything my Father has done to me, bullies at school–...All of these things have made my emotions just unbearable, I cry at mainly everything that hurts me now. I guess that's what I deserve though, for anything and everything I've done. I've always bottled up my emotions whenever I was little, trying not to get punished by my Father, I guess those emotions have caught up to me nowadays...The main reason why I'm crying at this moment however, is because of myself. I laid scrunched up next to a pillow on my bed, wishing Skyler would finally have a return–...Hoping he would help me through what I was going through, always knowing what to say to cheer me up at a time like this. I felt like giving up completely on everything at the moment.

 "He is everywhere I go

Everyone I see
Winter's gone and I still can't sleep
Summer's on the way
At least that's what they say
But these clouds won't leave

Walk away
Barely breathing
As I'm lying on the floor
Take my heart
As you're leaving
I don't need it anymore

This is the memory
This is the curse of having
Too much time to think about it
It's killing me
This is the last time
This is my forgiveness
This is endless

Now spring has brought the rain
But I still see your face
And I can not escape the past
Creeping up inside
Reminding me that I
Can never bring you back

This is the memory
This is the curse of having
Too much time to think about it
It's killing me
This is the last time
This is my forgiveness
This is endless"

   My voice trailed off while I was silently singing to myself, breaking down crying. I reached out to my right, hoping to feel Skyler's arm, which I did not.
  "Oh, Skyler–...What have you done this time to make you be gone again–..." I said to myself, trying to sleep and I hugged my pillow.
  "I'm right here, Princess." I heard Skyler's voice to the right-side of me, myself looking over to see nobody.
   I'm imagining things again–...I pulled my pillows and blankets over my head, trying to get him out of my mind, finding myself finally starting to fall asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Song and Lyrics mentioned in this Chapter: The Memory by: Mayday Parade

Hi it's Alli, thanks for reading! I have a few notes on this Chapter for you. First, I just want to say thanks for reading it, and sorry if it was a little boring or anything, I didn't really have many ideas to keep this Chapter going, but I promise the next Chapter will be better! If you decide to listen to the song I have uploaded with this Chapter, you've read that the song says "She" instead of "He", which I put as the lyrics of the song while Allison was singing, I was trying to direct the song towards Skyler, which I'm sure you've gotten the idea. cx Like I said, sorry if this was a boring Chapter.