Chapter 4 - "The Outcast That Saved Me."

Chapter 4. – "The Outcast That Saved Me."

Allison's POV

   My Mother never returned home. I was left to be home alone tonight. Having an empty stomach, for I did not want to eat, I went to bed. I was unworried, for my Mother doesn't care about me, so why should I care about her? No...I can't say that. I do care about her, but like I said–...She doesn't care about me.  I was staring at the ceiling, thinking of where she'd wandered off this time. I fell asleep having worries on my mind: Skyler–...and I suppose my Mother, too.

   Maybe it's a good thing I met this Outcast...b-but maybe it's bad, also. I may get called more names, and get even more disgusted looks whenever I walk by people. You know what? Fuck that. Meeting Skyler has been the best thing that's happened to me so far, and I'm not leaving these feelings. These long-lost, heart-filling feelings. The feeling–...of happiness. I feel happy around Skyler. I should have a nick-name for him, also. Since he calls me "sweet-cheeks," and "princess," all the time–...And its strange, that he calls me princess. I'm not a princess at all. I could never be fit for one, not one millisecond. It's strange–...how he has all of these nick-names for me. Maybe his could be–...

   "The Outcast that saved me."

    Who knows what I would have done if I hadn't met him now. I think it was the perfect time for him to actually come along and help me. The Nobody. Maybe I'm just over-reacting. I'm just not sure anymore, but I am very grateful that I've met Skyler. Even though it's seemed like only a few days we've known each other, it's been a life-time of happiness for me that I probably won't ever experience ever again. Who knows if he will ever talk to me again. He may go back to the Outcast group. He may go with Makayla. I'm just not sure–...but now, however, it's bliss.

   Harmony–...but harmony is only a dream...

   I guess that's all I dreamed about that lonely night, instead of worrying about my Mother, I only worried about Skyler for some reason. I should stop attaching myself so quickly, and so soon. I'll most-likely be turned down and never spoken to by him ever again if I actually tell him my actual feelings. About how happy I am whenever he's around me. God, I bet I sound like a 5-year-old, don't I? Drooling, and running my mouth about a guy I know I wouldn't have a chance with. He's the most-popular Outcast in the school, (Meaning, he's most-noticed, and most disliked...). It's sorta a shock to most "people" at our school, but deep inside those ruthless Preppies, they like the Outcast boys. They're damn attractive, what girl wouldn't like them? I've read books and little novels about arranged marriage stories about "Emos" and Preppies having to be arranged in marriage together. They fell in love at the end, and so on. I've never read a story where a Emo falls in love with a Nerd, like me. So there's no chance that we could be together–...Could there? No...I suppose not.

   In my opinion, an "Emo" would rather go for Emos or Scenes, and if not, then they go with the Preppies, or are forced to. There's no recognition of a Nerd being with an Emo there. None, whatsoever. So there's no chance–...but, I can't help these feelings I'm having. I just can't seem to stop them, no matter what.

   But–...This necklace–...It means so much to me, he has no idea. Why would he give it to me? Why would it have the engravings of the letters S and A? I knew this was supposed to mean something. I knew it meant that something was sparking up inside Skyler, but–...Would it last? Why would he even fall for the Nobody? Had he, even? Am I just mistaking this entirely? I'm so confused, even my conscience has nothing to feel or say. I feel like I'm being torn, yet being put back together at the same time. And now–...I have no clue as to where he is. He could be dead for all I know, or close to it. In a coma, or passed out, alone. Or he might have out-ran the Jocks...I'm just not sure.