Chapter 25 - My Angel, I Promise.

Chapter 25 – My Angel, I Promise.

   "Who knew time and life itself could be so valuable?"
   ...
   "Lord knows I didn't..."

Skyler's POV

   I don't know how many countless times we've been here–...In this same scenario–...In this same place. This place–...would be the last place I would see my Angel dying right beneath me. I was screaming my lungs off after the last few moments of her life were slipping away. The hospital room–...the one and only place I'll remember from now on. The place–...where Allison was dying–...right beneath me.
   Machines were going off crazily; I was yelling and cursing loudly; but–...I heard nothing. Many doctors were rushing in and out of the room; but I saw no one. Bright lights were surrounding us; but all I saw was Allison's body in the hospital bed, everything else was white. I took two steps, myself crying violently, towards Allison's pale, dying body.
   "I promise...I promise...I promise! Allison, We will be together forever! You will see me again one day! You will! I won't leave you alone! Not again! Not ever! Please! Wait for me in Heaven! I promise!" I screamed to her, seeing she opened her blood-shot eyes very little.
   She smiled very faintly, and lifted her arm to reach for me, but her arm never made it. I grabbed the hand that was lifted very slightly above her.
   "I love you, Skyler..." 
   Those were her final words...
   The only...Words her dying lungs would let her say...
   I could only be on my knees beside the bedside, squeezing the one limp hand that had fallen off the bedside. I cried on the floor, dropping the hands that were once holding her's onto the ice-cold floor. I had fallen...Fallen into the depths of depression and regrets...
   ...
   Goodbye, Allison...My Angel on Earth...Is now an Angel in Heaven...
   My Princess...
   My Angel...
   Is gone from this Earth...
   Now she can rest in peace...She wouldn't have to deal with me anymore...
   If only I could see her innocent face once more...
   ...
   Allison...
   I promise...
   We will meet again.
   In Heaven, or wherever we go.
   ...
   Goodbye– my Allison.
   ...
   Our love should last forever.
   No matter what the cost might be.
   Even if you are gone...
   It doesn't matter.
   We will continue our lives.
   ...
   I promise.