Chapter 18 - The Dedication

Chapter 18 The Dedication

Allison's POV

   As I laid sleeping on my bed, I could've sworn Skyler was with me, I kept waking up to hopefully see him beside me, or in the doorway, even though he wasn't. I jerked up from my bed, hearing the front door be slammed open, hearing a male voice.
  "Go and fuck your girlfriend while you're at it! You are never returning into my household, now get the fuck away!" The male voice said, while I heard a thud of someone being shoved to the floor. I got up from my bed, and peeked through my bedroom door, seeing Skyler on the ground, while his Father was throwing stuff inside the doorway, most-likely being Skyler's. Skyler looked so pale, he wasn't moving a centimeter. He looked dead...
   Skyler's Father slammed the front door, leaving Skyler sprawled out on my floor. I flung open my door, and ran over to Skyler's unmoving body, checking his pulse. There was no pulse...
   "No–...No!–...No! Skyler don't die on me!" I screamed, flicking my phone into my hand, dialing 911.
   "911, What is your emergency?" I quickly tried to explain to the operator what happened, running out of words, seeing Skyler's lifeless body sprawled out onto my floor.
   "Miss, we will get a ambulance departed right away alright? Don't worry, we have this under control," I heard the operator say, and she hung up. I fell onto Skyler's body, he was bleeding from many places, and had bruises with scattered wounds. I kept screaming to myself things that I didn't even comprehend.
    "Skyler...Why did you have to do this–...Why Skyler?! You always do things just for me to tear both of us apart! Inside we are killing ourselves just for a shitty dream of us being together! You're always by my side, you always stand up for me...You always do these things Skyler...Why? Why God dammit?! If you even have a sense in yourself, you would realize that this is ruining our lives...But you go ahead and do these things...Just for me?! You're killing yourself! You're killing me mentally! It's...It's–...Not worth–..." I broke down, completely giving up on myself and Skyler's lifeless body underneath me, hearing faintly sirens in the distance outside my home. But I was losing touch with reality. I lost my reality right onto Skyler, all I could see was blackness, until I saw a faint light in this dark dimension I was in–...
   I looked around in what seemed to be the dark room I was in, starting to see tiny specks of light start to form around in the room. As the tiny specks got bigger, they seemed to be forming pictures of some sort. They got into clear picture, and then it hit me. They were my memories. I glanced around the room, every memory I had. One memory however stood out from the rest that was around me. I slowly crept over to the memory that had a glowing ring around it–...It was myself, and Skyler. It was already tough enough for me to comprehend what was going on–...But why would this be showing in this dark dimension I was in? I squinted to get a even more clear appearance of the memory I never had, seeing that I was in a hospital bed, and I could hear faintly in that memory the machines going off like crazy, I saw Skyler shouting–...But that's whenever I woke up from the dark dimension.
   I heard the door slam open once again, this time medics and the first-time responders came rushing in, taking Skyler right out from underneath me, not even saying a word. The door slammed shut, leaving me alone in the darkness of my living room. I crawled towards the window, sitting on my knees, looking out at the ambulance that was packing Skyler's body into the back doors. After a few moments, the driver got into the driver's seat, and drove off. The sirens got quieter as they got farther away, I kept looking in the direction where the ambulance went, seeing no more red lights, hearing no sirens. I was alone again–...Skyler was in the hospital again over what ever the cause was this time. I sighed, trying to hold back from crying once again, and went into my bedroom to go ahead and get ready to go to school, since today is Tuesday, and it was already around five o'clock in the morning, there was no use in going to see Skyler or go back to sleep, since I knew both of those plans would fall through, both would make me worse than I already felt. I had so many feelings and thoughts going through my mind–...Skyler–...It was all about damn Skyler.
   With knowing what myself could be capable of doing at the moment, I just stood in my bedroom–...Not doing a single thing, just going into a blank stare. I just can't take it anymore...All of this is too much for me to understand. I can't take it. It's worthless. I want this to end–...This isn't worth Skyler getting hurt, he's killing himself just over me–...It's not worth it. It's destroying both of us. I just can't–...It's...
   "It's not worth living for Skyler!" I screamed to myself, slowly falling to the ground, bawling my eyes out, "I...I should just end it...Right now...Please, get me out of your head, Skyler...I want to let you free from worrying about me...I want you to be happy again. You need me out of your life. It's ruining us. It's not worth it...It's not Skyler." I kept screaming, getting myself up, heading towards the bathroom–...To finally end this.