Chapter 21 - Priorities

Chapter 21 – Priorities

Allison's POV

    I really didn't know what to think–...Why was my Father calling me? I stared at the vibrating phone on my end table, going into a trance, seeing my Father's name on the screen. I haven't spoken to my Father in a century it seems like. Of course, he'd call on the day right after I was drunk off of my ass, at a party I wasn't supposed to go to. Dammit–...Why? Then I thought of all the things he's done to my Mother and I–...Th-That bastard.

   "Screw it, I'm not answering," I said out loud, deciding to get back to work instead of sleep. I waited for a voice-mail; I wasn't going to deal with him right now. He hadn't talked to me in years; I'm not answering his call for forgiveness. The least thing he could do is come back to town and apologize, not just behind a phone-call.

   After a few minutes, the voice-mail ringtone popped up on my phone; I guessed it would be my Father's. I wasn't going to listen to it; I didn't even want to hear his voice. I knew though, I needed to forgive him sometime in my life; just not right now–...Not at this moment, not even this year. I went back to cleaning up, wondering when Skyler would stumble inside the house; I left the door unlocked for him to just do that. I was praying that he wouldn't be gone as long as he was last time...Damn, was it terrible. You all remember it don't you? I know I'll never forget it–...Let's just hope it doesn't happen again–...Hopefully.

   I got another call later in the day, I was hoping it was Skyler, but of course it wasn't. It was Liz. Oh boy, go ahead and do your thousands of apologies why don't you? I shook my head and answered her call.

   "What do you want now, Liz?"

   "To tell you I'm sorry."

  "Oh, of course, go ahead why don't you? You made me drunk off of my ass. Skyler's gone again, I left him with that Daymon guy, and now they're probably passed out in the middle of a street somewhere. He could've had sex with someone again for all I know, Liz. I never should've left with you–...I bet even that Richie guy will start to fall in love with me now, who knows what I did with him last night, that's right, no one. Liz, I sure hope you mean you're apology this time, because you've done quite some damage. I could've died for all I know!"

   She stayed silent for a little while. I just spoke the truth, it's not like she wasn't asking for it in the first place. I'm guessing she was reflecting on what she'd done. I started to feel bad now–...I always do.

   "Look Liz, I'm sorry if I sounded harsh alright? I was just speaking the truth."

   I heard her start to cry on the other end of the line. I guess I knew now she was truly sorry, I suppose.

   "I'm–...so sorry. I really am," she said, weeping deeply. I sighed and placed down everything I was holding, besides my phone. Then I grabbed my keys.

   "Where are you at? I'll pick you up."

   "At that house where the party was last night–...I didn't know where to go."

   "Alright, stay there, I'll come and get you."

   "Thank you, so much, Alli."

   "It's what best-friends are for. Now you better not be drinking and smoking crack now, are you?"

   "No."

   "Good. See you soon," I hung up, and opened my front door, heading towards my car to drive to that house, trying to even remember where it would be at. Oaklane Street, it seemed to make me remember it, but I wasn't for sure if it was correct. As I was driving, I saw the street sign, and turned. I saw Liz's blue head out in the distance of that road. I saw someone else next to her–...Richie–...