Chapter 7 - Welcome Back

Chapter 7 – Welcome Back

Allison's POV

   So now it still seems like I'm somewhat stranded in the waiting room. I guess I arrived later than I thought, for now it seems like I'm the only one in the room. Besides the secretary, and a few passive nurses, I am alone. I must have waited here longer than I thought– not looking at the clock.
   "Miss, you can go home now, if you wish...Mr. Richardson has already gotten out of his surgery." I heard the secretary somewhat shout over to me. Those words hit me like lightning.
   "Wh-Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" I screamed at her, getting up from my seat, and running over to her desk. "Wh-What condition is he in?!" I didn't care if my voice echoed throughout every single hallway. I was furious. Slamming my hand on her desk, she jumped back.
   "I...I'm sorry, miss. I di-didn't know."
   "You didn't know?! I was waiting in the waiting room. Remember? I came here to find out what condition he is in, and you said four hours I'd find out. It's been way past four hours–"
   "He's in fine condition, the surgery went as planned...Now, please, get your skanky-ass face out of my sight!" I was caught off guard, as she shooed me away from her. "Go!" She pointed at the main entrance, and I slowly backed away from her with tears in my eyes. Turning around in a flash, I ran out the door, sobbing once more.

   I can swear that this is getting to my head. I shouldn't be acting this way...Not just after a couple days. Why am I? I shouldn't be growing on Skyler already; I know I shouldn't. Why am I? I shouldn't be, for Skyler may change his mind about me in a split second, and decide to leave me. Might-as-well start preparing for that day, too. A guy like him– I'm surprised he's not even embarrassed to walk next to me. With a girl like me, I'm pretty sure he will decide to leave me. I'm nothing compared to any other girl's I know he'd rather be with. He's even proven that, already. Even though he said he likes the shy and quiet types of girls, I bet he was just saying that because his conscience telling him to say that; so that way he wouldn't hurt me– even more. I'm always going to be thinking this now– at least I know that, too. So now, yet again, I will be isolated at home until tomorrow; I thought about that as I drove home.

   My Mother, yet again, never came home last night. Sometimes, whenever my Mother was gone, I'd remember a long-lost friend of mine. She used to come over and spend the night, or vise versa. Maybe it's time to tell you about her–...my best friend that moved away three years ago. She was really kind, and surprisingly, she actually did talk to me and hang out around me. Well, until she moved away, that is. Maybe I lied by saying I wasn't alone forever? Well, maybe she didn't talk to me all the time, nor hang around me all the time. It just seemed like she did, maybe? I– I just don't know really.

   Her name was Elizabeth...I called her Liz. Before she met me, she was in the so-called "popular" clique. We were in middle-school whenever we first met. Liz was best friends with Makayla, and all the Jocks, Preppies, whatever else you can call the Popular clique. It was yet just an ordinary day in middle-school. I was walking in the hallway–

*FLASHBACK*

   "Out of my way, freak!" I heard Makayla shout, as the sound of two people running echoed the empty hallway. A loud crash, along with myself being slammed into the lockers next to me, filled the hallway.
   "Ow! I told you to get out of my way!" Makayla whined, as her best friend stood by her side, giving a worried look at me.
   "I– I'm sorry..." I muttered, clutching the books I had close to me, myself staring right at them, for I did not want to make eye-contact with her.
   "Sure you're sorry, you Nerd!" Makayla shoved me into the lockers once more, this time my books scattered to the tiled floor.
   "M-Makayla c-come on, we're going to be late for class..." her friend tugged on her shoulder, but Makayla smacked it off.
   "No! This Nobody needs to be taught a lesson!" I stood there, bracing for impact of Makayla's slap.
   "No..." her friend said in a deep tone, clenching her fists to her sides. "Maybe it's you who needs to be taught a lesson!" she bolted towards Makayla, shoving her to the ground.
   "C'mon!" her friend shouted at me, and grabbed my hand, then she started running away. Makayla screamed and cried behind us, you could hear it echo throughout the entire school.
   "M-My name's Elizabeth, by the way! You can call me Liz–" I had a funny feeling in my stomach, but I went along.
   "My name's Allison..." I wheezed.
   "I'mma call you Alli, okay?" We came to a stop of running away, stopping by a water fountain. Liz took a drink from the water fountain, and then looked up at me with a warming smile. "It's nice to meet you, I think we'll become great friends!" She walked over and hugged me.
   "Th-Thank you..."
   "I'm sorry if I've been mean to you before...I wish I could've stopped myself before, too."
   "O-Oh that's okay–"
   "No. No it wasn't okay of me to do those terrible things. I'm sorry–"