Chapter 2 - "I'll Beat Your Little Boyfriend, Too."

Chapter 2. – "I'll Beat Your Little Boyfriend, Too."

Allison's POV

   Maybe this wasn't such a normal day after all. I knew it wasn't a normal day. So many strange things happened today. Out of the ordinary things. It was so strange, I was never used to having these feelings. Happiness. I would never had dreamed of having that feeling again. Yet, I didn't know I'd feel much more happiness in the future. It would be odd– to have those feelings all the time, if I ever had. Now, I could ponder about all of these strange feelings, for I am being sent to the nurse's office to be cleaned up and cared for.
   "Another damn skank. Isn't just great to be the school nurse," scoffed Mrs. Ransom, our school nurse, if you couldn't tell.
   "Two of these bastards?! What do you think I'm being paid to do? Watch over these– these students?!" she yelped out at the principal, and he shooed us over to the cots.
   "Why, yes, we do. Now, if you still want to have that paycheck, I'd suppose you better keep your mouth shut, Andrea."
   Mrs. Ransom muttered things to herself, as Principal Courtney walked out of the room. Skyler and I glanced at each other for a split second, but then came along our plump, and strict mentor– as of now.
   "Let me guess, you guys were bullied to the ground with baseball bats and footballs, hm?" Mrs. Ransom mumbled, as she started getting her medical equipment from a few cabinets. We looked at each other, and I shook my head no.
   "Th-The bullied part, yes," Skyler said in a hoarse voice, I felt his hand grip onto mine.
   "Now, if you choose to make fun of her because she's a girl, and she got bullied, please, speak to me about it first."
   I stared at Skyler, I could feel him shaking out of terrified feelings, possibly traumatized as well. I sat there, hand-in-hand with his, completely shocked that he was actually backing me up, and doing all of these nice things that no one would ever even think about doing for a person like me: the Nobody.
   "Sk-Skyler?" I whispered, my eyes hanging low, as well as my head, for I started seeing tears fall into my lap. Mrs. Ransom walked over and lifted up my head, then started patching me up. Skyler still held on, I tightened my grip, for the medicine hurt like hell. Skyler shushed me, as I spoke his name. He told me it was alright, and everything would be okay. No longer would I be alone, or feeling that way, for he will stand beside me and help me through whatever damned hell I have to go through. I couldn't control myself from just breaking down and crying in front of him, I felt like I could around him. For some odd reason, I felt like I could actually show emotion around him. Maybe it's just part of him relating to me, or maybe it's because he's been actually nice and decent around me. I'm just not sure.
   After a few moments, both of us we're laying on the cots, resting from the unexpected trauma. Both of us patched up and possibly Mrs. Ransom even sowed our busted lips, I'm just not sure. I wasn't really paying attention to her much. Skyler seemed asleep, he wasn't moving hardly, and was extremely quiet. He was laying there, looking at the ceiling, completely and utterly silent. I was worried, and wondering if something was wrong. Did I do something? For some reason, I felt like I had. Even though, in truth, I may had not done anything, but that's just me. I always feel like I've done something wrong, or just start crying out of the blue. As I've said before, my parents are accused abusive– so they were the start of my "feeling bad for everything" era. That era is still continuing today.
   "Sk-Skyler?"
   "Hm?" he mumbled, seeming like he was half-asleep.
   "D-Do you think we can go now? She's out of the room, and I think school's ended by now." Skyler sat up, and gave me a worried look.
   "I haven't told you anything about me, have I, Allison–?"
   I was caught off guard yet again. I shook my head slightly.
   He sighed, and stood up, "Well, I'm telling you right now that I want to stay as far away from home as much as I can–...B-Because–..." he seemed to lose his voice. I sat up, looking up at Skyler who was looking straight down at the floor.
   "Y-Your parents?" I guessed, hoping I wouldn't offend him.
   He nodded, in return.
   "W-We can leave though, if you want. I was just enjoying finally having a break from all the fucking nonsense that happens out there. For once, I finally wasn't being called an "Emo faggot." For once, I wasn't being shoved against the lockers– for once, for many things," his voice raised with fury, but he still kept his head low.
   I thought about what he had just said to me. I stood up myself, and surprisingly, even for me, I hugged him without saying a word. He was surprised, and caught off guard, but I didn't mind. I didn't care what he was thinking. He deserved the comfort, and I didn't want to hear any lip from my choice. Skyler, after a few moments, hugged me back.
   "Th-Thank you,"
   My cheeks did actually hurt, and I began to shake slightly, for he had whispered those words in my ear, giving me shivers down my spine. I was proud of myself, for what I had done. I'm different, I know that. I mean, just look at me–...
   I'm hugging an Outcast.
   To be honest, I actually wanted to in the first place.
   ...
   Afterwhile, we both packed up our school-bags, that now had homework stuffed inside them, for the principal put homework inside them, and we left the dreadful Perkin's High School.
   "Dammit, I'd hoped that we'd be let off from these book-worm assignments."
   A sharp pain in my chest hit me as Skyler said those words. He apparently noticed my reaction, for I quickly hung my head low, peering at my steps. Trying my best not to cry.
   "I– I'm sorry, Allison. I– I didn't mean–..." I cut him off.
   "No– j-just don't say anything," I stammered, trying to hold in my sobs.
   We walked in silence from then on, for Skyler was walking me home. I glanced over at him for a second, seeing his head was low as well, he had a worried-sick look plastered on his face. I could tell he felt bad for the mistake he had sai.
   "I'm– used to it, Skyler. It's okay–..." I was cut off, as well.
   "No. No, it's not okay, Allison. I should've just kept my damn mouth shut," Skyler grimaced, as we were starting to head down my street. I was dreading to see my Mother, for she wouldn't even notice I was alive, and still doesn't now.
   "Sk-Skyler, it's okay, really. Alright?"
   He sighed, but eventually ended up nodding.
   After a few more moments of walking down the quieted neighborhood, we approached the steps to my house. We stopped there, right at the end of them. Skyler reacted by taking both of my hands in his, and kissed my cheek.
   "How much redder can those sweet-cheeks get, Princess? Oh, also, I was right. They are actually sweet."
   Skyler stuck out his tongue, teasing me.
   I stood speechless, as Skyler walked off back down the road, heading for–...whoever knows, he didn't tell me. I still stood in the same position and place as he walked on, he was smiling away as he saw my reaction; I could tell from the corner of my eye. Now, however, as you all know, he's already walked on. So, I couldn't react much.
   Sighing, I got myself together, trudged up the steps, and opened the front door. I walked into a, yet again, quiet home.
   "She's just out to yet another damn bar," I reminded to myself, sniffing slightly. Walking in my bedroom, I set down my godawful, heavy book-bag. Noticing myself in the mirror, I put my hand on my cheek where Skyler had– kissed. I could see they were still red, and, for the longest time, I was smiling.
   Smiling, and being happy until–...Mother came home.
   I had already finished the dreadful homework, and I was in my night-wear by that time, browsing the oh-so-famous Facebook, but then, I heard the front door open. My head quickly shot up, and I jumped up, scurrying over to my door, peeking out to see my drunken Mother with yet another random guy. My eyes bugged open, and I shut my door very quietly, so that way I wouldn't be noticed by that stranger. I sighed, and leaned up against the door, locking it, and listening to my Mother's, and the stranger's, drunken words. Did I ever mention that my Mother is also a slut?
   Later that night, I was still awake from hearing them in my Mother's bedroom–...it's too embarrassing to say, you pretty much know what had happened. I'm not sure if I clearly understand why my Mom is like this, but– she's my Mother, I have to just live with whatever she does. Ever since my Father has left, about 7 years ago, my Mother and I have been–...a wreck, I guess you could say. My Father was cruel, and heartless to both of us. I can still remember, even now, when I was 9-years-old, and he would hit me upside the head, or slam me to the ground for me to get out of his way. He'd hit Mother, and yell at her. Just– regular things you'd see an abusive Father do to his family. I was, and still am, an only child. So, I'm grateful; at least no other child has to go through what I had to. Since, he's left with his new wench, I'm also grateful he's finally gone.
   I'd guessed I had fallen sleep sometime–...I don't really remember anything after I heard them, so maybe, like I said, I had fallen asleep. I don't necessarily remember what I had dreamed about, either. All I knew was that I had woken up, and gotten ready for school yet again. I was excited that it was finally Friday today. Finally, I could go and rest up against my favorite oak tree, well, after lunch time comes around, I'll be able to–...I hope. I had gotten ready, along with getting my shower, packing my book-bag on my shoulder, and out the door I went. Quiet, and hardly making any noise, I would leave the house. I didn't want Mother to yell at me for being loud, even though, she's already done it before, I guess I should be used to it. I guess I should be used to a lot of things, but–...Some things I just can't get used to, I suppose. Just like the thought of actually getting to know an Outcast...
   I started trudging towards my "Rich-Kids-Only" school. I was getting more and more worried as I got closer, watching all of the Jocks and Preppies walk into the building. Feelings of being afraid and scared of them possibly beating me up again just washed all over my body; I felt cold, and alone, as well. I gripped more onto my book-bag, trying to relieve the stress of walking past them by strengthening my grip. Opening the door to the large chattering rich-kids, I tried to dodge as many as I could without running into one. Usually, I could go unnoticed. I am the Nobody, after all. So, I guess, yet again, that's another perk for me for being the Nobody.

   I had surprisingly seen no Outcasts, nor Skyler. Also, with the name they're given: the Outcasts–...I'm not actually calling them outcasts, or another rude word you'd usually hear a Jock or Prep say to them, or the nerds, or–...me. They'd want you to call them the Outcasts, rather than "Emos, Scenes, or Goths". In other school's it's most-likely different. They would want you to call them "Emos, Scenes, Goths"...I'm really sure if there's others, but in my school, it's the Outcasts. I think it's a unique name–...and I guess that's what they want to be recognized as.
   Unique.
   ...
   Slamming my locker shut, I turned around to be face-to-face with the same Jock that pushed me down yesterday: Tyler Brentston. His name was always on the bulletin boards, usually about football or sports. Everybody recognized him as the "most-liked" guy in school. Well, guess what? Sorry to ruin his popularity, but I don't like him.
   "Well, if it isn't the famous Nobody," he gave a wicked grin, staring right at me with his deep-brown, sickening eyes. I was shaking, I was so scared by that time.
   "Please, why can't you just leave me the fuck alone?" I replied back, Tyler being caught off guard.
   "Looky here, the little Nobody's starting to grow a back-bone. I like that," Tyler slapped me right across the face. He got up close, up to my ear, and starting whispering, "If you ever speak that way to me again, wench, I'll fucking beat you and your little boyfriend much worse than I had before, almost till death. Do you hear me?!"
   I nodded reluctantly, almost being scared out of my own skin. Tyler shoved me to the lockers near mine, and stormed off. I sighed, hearing the bell ring, I started walking towards my first class, rubbing my cheek where he had slapped me.
   By the time it was my second class, I had already gotten tired of listening to these "educational" lectures. I wanted to be outside, leaning up against my old oak tree. I wanted to get away from these lectures and get on with lunch time. I guess that's how every student feels, mainly. This was different. I felt like I needed to go outside. Not wanting to go and be by the oak tree, but needing to. This was, yet again, another strange feeling...
   I later thought about what Tyler had said.
   "I'll beat you and your little boyfriend much worse..." his harsh voice repeated in my head.
   B-Boyfriend?–...
   W-Was he meaning Skyler?
   Those thoughts froze me in place, as I was sitting there at my desk. Skyler, meaning the school's most-famous Outcast, my boyfriend?!
   No–...No, that would never happen. Skyler would never want to be with a girl like me. It was a fumble of words.
   Yeah. J-Just a mistake...