Gone

Closing the door slowly, I rested my back against it as I thought about the talk I just had with grandpa. Why was he acting like this? He knows I'd do anything to keep him safe and as healthy as I can. Ehh maybe I'm just over thinking things, I shouldn't be worried. Right?

"Ya alright?" Daryls voice brought me out of my thoughts.

Looking over I saw him on his cot with a bottle of alcohol. Running a hand through my hair I sighed,

"Yea just had a weird talk with my grandfather"

"He's just filled with those these days" he grunted and took a drink.

Arching my eyebrow, I stood there confused. what did he mean by that? Grandpa didn't talk to him without me knowing...did he?

"Wha??" I started to ask, but I was stopped when the lights started to flicker and then just turned off.

Looking at the now dark bulb on the ceiling and then back at daryl, he looked just as confused as I was. With his bottle still in hand, he got off the bed and put a hand to the air vent,

"Airs off too"

My heart started to pound nervously,"what does that mean?"

A hint of concern filled Daryl's eyes as we both heard movement and other voices in the hall. Daryl crossed the room and stood next to me by the door,

"You stay by me got it?"

Nodding, he opened the door and we both peeked out to see the others doing the exact same thing. Making eye contact with T, he arched an eyebrow and I just shrugged. Looking across the hall, I noticed grandpa with dale, but he didn't seem concerned. Footsteps started coming through the hall and we all turned to see Jenner. His face was pale as a ghost and he wouldn't make eye contact with any of us.

" What's going on? Why is everything turned off?" Daryl asked.

Jenner didn't say anything or slow down his pace. He just ducked and grabbed the liquor right out of Daryl's hand. Daryl's face was priceless, like you just took his favorite candy. Chuckling, I quickly stopped when glared down at me.

"Energy use is being prioritized." Jenner said.

We all started quickly following behind Jenner as I quickly grabbed grandpas hand.

"Air isn't a priority? And lights?" Dale asked.

Daryl stayed right next to jenner glaring as he drinks straight from the bottle and sighed, "It's not up to me. Zone 5 is shutting itself down."

"Shutting itself down?" I asked worriedly.

Jenner didn't answer and Daryl looked back at me with concerned eyes and then growled back at Jenner,

"Hey! Hey, what the Hell does that mean?"

Jenner once again did not answer and the fear in me grew. We followed him as we entered the man computer room again,

"Hey, man, I'm talking to you. What do you mean it's shutting itself down? How can a building do anything?" Daryl snapped.

"You'd be surprised." Jenner said.

" Jenner, what's happening?" Officer grimes asked taking Daryl's place as daryl made his way on the other side of me.

"The system is dropping all the nonessential uses of power. It's designed to keep the computers running to the last possible second. That started as we approached the half-hour mark. Right on schedule."

Jenner took another drink of Daryl's liquor as we all crowded around the computers. I didn't like where any of this was leading and it all being in the dark really wasn't helping much. Clutching onto grandpas hand tighter, Jenner walked back towards us. He looked at me apologetically and then handed daryl back his liquor. Daryl angrily snatched it from him as Jenner turned to Andrea,