Commitment

Damien

After conversting with my bro Alfonzo for a good while, me and Lenah were on our way back to the house. As I blasted Jealous by Fredo Santana, feeling the strong base in my car, I sped down the road with Lenah in the back seat playing with her Mickey Mouse teether.

I stopped at Cookout to pick something up for the house. As I ordered our food, it was a long wait. I patiently waited in my car as the lady finally opened the sliding door. The girl looked like she was around my age, brownskinned, blonde shoulder length hair, and big lips.

She blushed when she saw me, "Hey."

"Wassup." I said as I leaned back.

She cheesed as she passed me my food, "Thank you for coming to Cookout cutie. Come again."

I smiled and nodded.

"Can we hang out sometimes?" she asked in a low tone. I guess she didn't wan't her co-workers to hear her flirting.

I looked back at Lenah.

I can't do this to Chaja... I can't. I said to myself.

"Nah ma, I got a girl. Thanks tho." I said as I sat the bag of food in my seat.

Her smile faded, "Oh okay. Thanks for being honest." she said as she passed me the drinks.

"No problem." I said as I pulled off.

I drove to my house, grabbed my food and Lenah.

Chaja opened the door for us to get in. She took Lenah out my arms as I laid the food on the table. "Damn Chaja can you wait?" I asked annoyed.

She rolled her eyes and kissed Lenah on her cheeks multiple times. "Mommy missed youuuuu. Yes she did." she playfully said as she tickled Lenah.

Lenah laughed and made baby noises.

I fixed my plate and sat on the couch. Chaja sat beside me, still holding Lenah. I finished eating my food and dumped my plate.

I sat on the couch and Lenah was sleep. I picked her up and layed her in her crib. I sat on the couch beside Chaja.

She layed on me and began to rub my chest. "Thanks for the food baby." she said as she kissed my neck.

I squeezed her ass as she got on top of me. "Yeen ate yet though."

She shrugged, "I'ma eat in a few."

I nodded as she went back to kissing my neck. "I love you"

"I love you too." she said as she layed on my chest.

*****

The next day.

Today is the day I go spend some quality time with my son. I hate to do it because I know no matter how much my girl hides it, she's hurt. She was crying in her sleep last night. I feel bad about the whole situation but this is my still son. I ain't gonna be a dead-beat for nobody.

Chaja turned over as I slowly got out of bed. I went in the bathroom and pulled off my clothes. I cut the hot shower water on and began to take my shower. I put my white towel around my waist and brushed my teeth. After I gargled, I walked into my bedroom.

Chaja was sitting up with her head in her hands. "Baby you okay?"

She shook her head, "I don't feel good."

"You need some medicine?" I asked as I sat down next to her.

She shook her head again, "No. I just need a little--" she was cut off by the upcoming food she had ate last night.