No Hard Feelings

I sat on the floor with my hands in my knees. What time is it?

2:45 a.m.

Where the hell is Damien? I slowly got up while holding my stomache. I am in so much pain.

"Ouch!" I yelled.

I grabbed my phone and texted Damien.

Me: Where are you?!

Bae: Out

Me: Come Home Please! I'm not feeling well.

Bae: I'm handling some business, I'll be home later

Me: Okay.

I went upstairs and layed down. Where is this relationship coming to? I eventually went to sleep. I woke up the next morning and took a shower.

I put on a beautiful baby blue ruffled sun dress and some sandals. I put my hair in a bun.

I walked downstairs and saw Damien laying on the couch. I kissed him on the cheek and began to clean up.

"Wassup" Damien said as he wiped his eyes and sat up on the couch.

"Goodmorning"

"Damn girl, you looking good today."

"I know" I walked in the kitchen.

"You feeling better?"

"A little, where were you?"

"I went to my blocks and did a few stops."

"A few stops huh?"

"Yeah."

"Damien, don't you get it?!"

"What?"

"The things you do are risky! You're putting not only yourself, but also me and our child's life in jeopardy."

"The fuck you tryna say?!"

"I'm not gonna get killed nor hurt behind your bullshit! It's time for you to stop this big drug dealing business and get a real job."

"Man, hell nah! I do got a real job. And the shit I'm doing paying the gotdamn bills! We ain't worried bout no money."

"But I'm worried about our safety! I remember the shit we used to have to do Damien. All the fucking running, killing, fighting. I'm not putting my child in that situation! I want better for her!"

"Your child?! Why you tripping for?! Ain't nobody gone fuck with y'all! That's my good word. These motherfuckers know me! And know not to fuck with me and what's mine. So stop worrying."

I rolled my eyes, "I have a reason to worry. Just because you the biggest drug dealer down here and most people are scared of you don't mean they aint crazy enough to do some stupid shit."

"They ain't gonna fuck with you Chaja"

"Damien I'm tired! I'm tired of you always telling me what is and isn't gonna happen! Open your eyes and realize things happen! This isn't your world! Good and bad things happen to everybody! Whether you wan't it to or not!"

"So this how you gonna act today?! Fucking crazy and bossy?!"

"You know what? Nevermind. I think we need some space"

"Chaja what the hell?! Watchu tryna leave for?!"

"Because I'm sick of this!"

"You just gone leave me?! Like you don't fucking love me?!"

"Oh Damien please! Don't act like you have never left me!"

"Fuck it. You do you"

"I will! And you know what? I promised myself to never let you go. But I broke that promise! I want to be with you. But Damien, I just can't. You're too full of yourself. And it's too much stress on me, it's not healthy for me anx the baby."

"Why you all of a sudden tryna worry about stuff?!"

"You really wanna know why?!"

"Yeah"

"Some nigga followed me all the way to my car from the mall and told me that he was gonna get me. And you're not gonna be able to help me because you will be dead. He told me he will kill all of us. He wants to take your spot. Call me whatever you want, but if hiding is what I have to do to keep me and this baby safe then this is what I'ma do."

"Ain't nobody gone touch you or the baby. They gone have to do a lot of shit to do that. All I gotta do is hit that spot and that nigga gone. Get my homeboys to get rid of his ass."

"I know y'all can kill him and get away with it. I'm not new to this shit. My brother was down with y'all remember? But violence is not the answer to everything. And until I feel safe, I'm not putting myself out there to get hurt."

"Don't leave me. I'll do whatever it takes but don't leave man."

"I can't stay here." I went upstairs and packed my clothes. Damien came upstairs and sat on the bed. He put his head in his hands and said nothing.

**********************************

FAN, VOTE, & COMMENT PLEASE