Chapter 30

Daryl-

I approached the broad gates of the Kingdom." Halt, who goes there?" One of the guards spoke over the wall, pointing a gun at me.

"I'm a friend of Rick's." I spoke, adjusting my crossbow on my shoulder.

"Rick who?" The man was questioning if I actually knew Rick.

"Rick Grimes." I sighed. The two guards swapped words then looked back at me.

"Open the gate." One yelled and the gates opened. This place had changed and expanded that's for sure, I had been gone longer than I thought." Take him to Rick." The same guard spoke to one of the guards standing near me.

He grabbed my arm and lead me through the town to what looked like a church and into the auditorium; where Rick sat." This guy says he's a friend of yours." Rick looked at me, then shock spread over his face.

"Daryl?" He stood up and I nodded," get up here." He gestured for me, I went up the steps of the stage and Rick hobbled toward me, tightly embracing me. I missed my brother that's for sure." Where have you been?" He pulled away.

"Redirecting Walker's." I said simply.

"What, where?" He seemed excited.

"I found a canyon, led them over the edge." I smirked." There's no way they can get out."

"You sure?" He looked at me intently.

"Yeah, it was far fall, it would kill anything on impact." I explained.

"It's so good to see you again, Daryl." He patted my shoulder roughly.

"So where is she?" The question burned in my mouth.

"She left." Rick looked down ashamed.

"Where?" Panic built in my chest at the thought of her being alone out there again.

"Smalltown, her dad's community." Rick said quickly.

"Does she think I'm dead?" I said broken hearted.

"It seems that way." Rick said sadly, I rubbed my face in disbelief.

"I gotta go find her." I hopped off the stage and headed for the door.

"Daryl, wait, you just got here, rest a while," Rick called after me.

"I can't, I have to go to her now." I continued walking my way out.

"At least take a horse, so you get there before dark." I stopped," George, go get Daryl a horse." The man that was standing with Rick came with me, leading me to the stables giving me a horse.

"Good luck man." George patted the horse and gave me the reigns and a map." Open the gate." George called to the guards.

I hopped onto the horse and took off out of the gate headed for Smalltown. If Ruth thought I was dead who knows what has happened with her, I don't think she would've moved on to someone else. I mean would she? What if she was dead, what if she never made it to Smalltown? Agh, stop it, I just need to hurry up and get there.