Chapter 14

Ruth-

Believe me when I say I really did I think I had died. When everything went black, a bright light, blinding actually, flashed in my face. I held my hand up, walking forward, until I heard someone calling my name. I turned around seeing, nothing. I turned to look at the the light again, seeing two people standing in front of me.

"Rue." One voice spoke softly," it's us." The two figures stepped out of the light revealing their faces. My mom and my sister Jess.

"I'm so sorry." I started crying at the sight of them, happy, content, not a problem in the world.

"Our deaths, weren't your fault." My mom spoke softly. I heard my name called again, it was directly in my ear this time.

"But I couldn't help, any of you, I couldn't save any of you." I cried." I could've spoke up, and told dad not to go into that building, you two would still be alive. Jess if I would've told you to stay back with me and Tucker you wouldn't have been bit. Tucker," I cried harder," if, if we would've gone north longer you'd still be alive."

"Rue, it's okay, don't blame yourself." My mom said softly.

"Where's dad and Tucker?" I finally realized who was missing.

"Don't know, they must've survived somehow." My mom said." But now, you can join us, we could be a family again." I heard that voice in my ear again, confessing to me, and my mom held her hand out to me, I was about to take it.

"I need you." It was Daryl's voice that was speaking to me.

"Mom, there's someone back there, that still needs me. I have to go back to him." I said wiping the tears from my eyes. She pulled her hand back and nodded, smiling at me, as her and my sister stepped back into the light disappearing, and I felt myself getting pulled back." I love you!" I yelled to them.

Everything became dark again, my eyelids felt heavy, my entire side hurt. I fought my eyelids trying to get them open, but to no avail. I took a moment to feel what was happening, where my body was, I felt something pressed against my cheek, and something in my hand. I squeezed the object in my hand, and tried to turn my head to what was against my cheek.

"Ruth?" I heard the familiar gruff voice that I loved," are you awake?" All I could manage was a pained groan." She's awake!" He yelled, jumping up, yelling more. He came back to me taking my hand. I still couldn't open my fracken eyes though, the most I could do was flutter them. My eyelids were pulled open and a light was flashed into my eyes. Well that just made opening my eyes more difficult." I'll check the wounds, and change the bandages, and get out of your way." An unfamiliar voice said.

"I heard you." I whispered to Daryl, he leaned in closer.

"What?" He spoke softly.

"I heard you." I whispered again," I need you too." He kissed my forehead, and I could sense the smile on his face. When Doctor Carson left, I was able to get my eyes partly open, only for a limited amount of time.

"Don't push yourself too much. Get some more rest, I'll be right here." Daryl kissed my forehead again, and I gave into sleep again.

------

Hey guys,
Short chapter I know, and kind of lame, but lots of foreshadowing! I hope you guys are enjoying it though!