Chapter 6

Daryl- (WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE COMIC BOOK)

Jesus and I carried Rick into the infirmary, doctor Carson had come here with Maggie. I went and sat outside, I saw Ruth slowly walking around studying everything. Even though about twenty percent of this place was burning embers she didn't get much of a chance to look around before. Every once in a while her gaze would fall on me, until she disappeared as she still wondered the community. This place was destroyed, houses smoldering, making me think of my mom, eh don't do that. We wouldn't know how bad it was until we started to rebuild.

"He's awake." Maggie said happily.

--------

"We're all leaving, now, were going to the Hilltop, gather whatever you can, or have left." Rick announced to us.

After we buried the last of our dead and had all our things together we filed onto the buses and headed to the Hilltop, Ruth was still in glancing distance. We arrived just as the sun had gone down, everyone glumly getting off the bus looking around our new home. Of course we're sad about the fall of Alexandria, but we knew there were more important things at the moment, we could rebuild when this was all over.

Everyone took a new position here quickly falling in line to help, Sasha and Michonne took guard on the wall, I took position on the wall a ways from them. I heard someone's feet softly brushing the wooden floor of the catwalk we were on. I briefly looked over seeing it was Ruth.

"I was told to stay up here near you, Rick's orders." She sat down glumly a few feet from me," are you my chaperone or something?" She said.

"No." I grumbled at her. This was going to be a long night, I could tell already.

--------

Morning came and people from the Kingdom arrived, it was a very large group, bigger then our group and the The Hilltop put together. As the morning turned to noon, some came and covered my post, Ruth following me.

"It's the chaperone supposed to be the one watching and following?" She came up next to me.

"I'm not a chaperone, alright, go do whatever the hell you want!" I stormed off, going for some food, she still stood there in shock, considering I hardly ever talked to her. Everyone was sitting in one area as they happily ate and chatted away. I shoveled in my food as I ate alone, wanting to get back to doing something.

"They're here!" Someone from the gate yelled. Then a single shot echoed through the air, one of the guards falling off the wall. I heard shouting on the other side of the wall, but barely as we quickly got everyone inside, then a loud engine roared to life.

Suddenly a large military vehicle plowed through the front gates. A small group remained, Rick, Rosita, King Ezequiel, Jesus, Aaron, Michonne, myself, and Ruth." Fire, keep them back!" Rick yelled as gunfire exploded into the air, killing the men in the truck." Take cover!" Motorcycles and a small car drove in crashing through everything they could shooting at everyone and everything.

We broke off into groups, I followed after Rick, and we went around the Barrington house to try and box them in. We ended up taking cover by the small greenhouses, shooting at Saviors, until Rick fell, hollering in pain.

"There behind us!" Aaron yelled firing his gun in the other direction. I went over to Rick to try and help him out of there.