Chapter 3

Rue-

After a few dozen punches I could see she was wearing down. This is why I didn't trust people, I was just hoping to get a little food and water from them, then be on my way. One more punch made my whole chair fall over. I rested my head on the floor, spitting blood out of my mouth.

"Okay, I'll talk, but only to you." I grunted in pain.

"Talk." She panted heavily, picking my chair back up, standing before me.

---------

Sasha was now sitting on the floor as I finished unloaded my information." Okay, I'll tell Rick, but you're going to have to talk to him, if you want anything." She said as she got up to leave, as she left, in stepped Daryl, the guy that pointed a gun in my face. He leaned against the wall across from me, crossing his arms, just glaring at me, so I returned the glare.

I could tell this guy had been through the meat grinder, and some what molded back together. He had seen things, he had done things, none of us were proud to say what we had done, but we all had a reason for what we did. I could see he had blame in his eyes, he beat himself up for whatever had happened. There was also anger, seeking revenge, hate, he was full of negative feelings. His face was like stone, like he never smiled a day in his life.

Rick then arrived, at least I was assuming, he had wavy brown hair slicked back, looked cowboy-ish. He came up to me, and looked at me, resting his hands on his belt.

"Tell him what you told me." Sasha said pointing to Rick, I said nothing." Ask her."

"Who are you?" Rick said to me with his stank eye.

"Ruth, I'm nobody really." Pleading in my voice.

"Where did you come from?" He glared.

"Well I just followed the road and ended up here, or if you mean before, I came from Idaho." I was being cocky.

"Who sent you?" He paced.

"Well, no one sent me here specifically, but to the state, my dad sent me." Stop being so cocky.

"Where is he?" Rick raised an eyebrow.

"Dead, we went looking for supplies somewhere sketchy, he didn't make it out, neither did my mom." Irritation was rising. Rick looked me over.

"Who's Negan?" He said.

"Who, look, I've only been in this state a year, with no contact, with anyone, I don't know who anyone is." I argued.

"Do you know who the saviors are?" He questioned me again.

"I don't know, look." I took a deep breath trying to exhale my irritation," look at me, do I look like I've been staying somewhere, I haven't showered in years." That came out meaner than I wanted. He just looked at me, then back at Daryl and Sasha. He sighed and rubbed his face, looking back at me.

"How many walkers have you killed?" He asked.

"Well into the 200's, why?" I asked curiously.

"Just a question, now how many people have you killed?" That question seemed to echo.

"One." I dropped my gaze.

"Why?" I really didn't want to answer this.

"She was bitten, she asked me to do it before she turned." I stared at my grimy jeans.

"Alright you can stay, but we're keeping your weapons until further notice." I looked up at him." I'll be back later, with food, and more to talk about." Rick was about to leave.

"Wait, can I be untied?" I asked anxiously. He nodded at Daryl, and left. Daryl came over and roughly untied me.

I rubbed my sore wrists, twisting them, causing them to pop, and just glared at Daryl as he went back to his post. I kicked the chair back into its spot by a desk, and sat on the floor, leaning back against the wall, propping my arm up on my raised knee. Daryl and I still glaring at each other. This guy didn't trust me, and I don't think he was going to anytime soon.

"Daryl right?" I broke the silence still looking at him, he didn't answer. So he was going to play it this way. I could read people, not easily, but I could read them, given the chance to study them like I have Daryl.

----------

Hey guys,
So what do you think about Ruth? Let me know in the comments. :)