Chapter 2

Daryl-

Another damned day. I was sitting outside the gun trailer, cleaning, and loading guns with Carl. This was all we ever did anymore, I didn't mind it much though, because I knew what the ending would be, and it made me happy. Since escaping the Sanctuary I've been hiding out with Maggie here at the Hilltop.

"Daryl." Carl nudged my arm, and I looked over where he was looking. They were opening the gate. I grabbed one of the loaded pistols and rushed over to the gate, Carl not far behind. There was a person standing there, with a hood over their head, antlers a top their head, they wore a black hoodie under neath, and a dark olive colored coat.

I pointed my gun at the strangers face, they held up their hands in surrender," who are you, what do you want?" They pulled the scarf off their face and pulled their hood back, it was a girl.

"Nobody, really." She kept her eyes glued to me." My names Rue- Ruth." She stumbled over her words.

"Nobody huh, where you come from?" I angrily said toward her grabbing her by her arm, Carl helping as we dragged her to an empty trailer right next to the Barrington House.

I took her bow, arrows, and knife, along with her backpack, that was made out of deer hide. I bound her arms behind her back, that's when Jesus showed up.

"Daryl, what's going on?" He looked her over.

"Names Ruth, says she's nobody." I shoved her slightly.

"You think she's one of The Saviors?" He knelt down in front of her. I nodded." Well, I'll talk to her, see what I can get out of her, go guard the door, and call Rick." Carl followed me out and we stood outside the door.

"You think she is?" Carl asked.

"Don't know, she had to 've come from somewhere." I crossed my arms looking out at the community that was slowly going back to their own business. I put the walkie up to my mouth," Rick, we got a visitor, someone you should meet." I grumbled into the radio.

"Who is it?" He said back.

"Don't know, some girl." I answered back.

"Alright, I'll be there soon, find out what you can." A few minutes later Jesus stepped out and sighed.

"Well?" Carl said anxiously.

"She wont talk, I'll see if Sasha can get her to talk." Jesus said crossing his arms." I'm gonna go tell Maggie what's going on and get Sasha." I nodded and stood my ground next to the trailer, waiting for Rick to find out who she is. About an hour passed when he showed up.

"Rick." I heard in the distance, I lifted my head and looked over to the gate. Rick drove a truck in, and parked it near us. Rick hopped out of truck, and walked on over to us.

"What did you find out?" Rick put his hands on his belt.

"Nothing." Carl answered.

"She won't talk, we're gonna see if Sasha can get somethin out of her." I finished the answer. Rick stepped inside the trailer, pacing as he stared her down.

"Who are you?" Rick said in his leader voice, to her. She clenched her jaw and wouldn't look at him. Rick knelt down in front of her and firmly grabbed her face in his hand," who are you?" He said again a little more quietly.

She furrowed her brows, anger in her eyes, sweat glistening in her face. Rick then stood up looking at me," I'm getting Sasha in here." Rick stepped out, and I stood my ground next to the door looking her up and down.

A few minutes later, Sasha arrived, Rick following her in." Stand her up." Sasha said darkly. Rick and I stood her up." Who are you," she asked impatiently," look we just need a name right now."

"She said her names Ruth." I added in.

"Okay, Ruth, where did you come from?" Sasha took a couple steps in place. Ruth still didn't answer. Sasha grabbed her hair pulling her head up, getting into her face," look, we're nice people, but we need to know who you are and where you came from." She was taking the kind approach." Take this crap off her, tie her to that chair."

Rick and I untied her hands, still grasping her arms tightly, taking her jacket and her hoodie off. The she lunged at me, punching me across the face, Rick wrapped his arms around her picking her up, and throwing her on to the chair. I quickly collected myself, and went to help, tying her arms up behind the chair.

"You okay?" Rick looked at my red cheek, I only nodded. Sasha got in her face again, looked into her eyes, both having anger burning in them.

"Tell me where you came from." Ruth swung her head forward, smacking Sasha between the eyes with her forehead. She fell back on the ground then sniffed, wiping blood from her nose." Alright no more games." Sasha jumped up and swung her fist, making contact with the girl's face." Tell me where you came from?"

Ruth brought her head back to its original position and lightly shook her head, then looked up at Sasha, blood in her mouth.

"That all you got?" She smirked blood covering her teeth.

"She's crazy, I don't think this is going to work." Sasha put her hands on her hips.

"No, keep going, we got her to say somethin let's see if we can get more." Rick said," we'll leave, get whatever you can out of her." Rick and I made our way out of the trailer hearing one more punch make contact with the girl's face.

"You think she'll talk?" I said to Rick, rubbing my sore jaw.

"I think so." Rick looked at me.

"She smiled, after she got punched, are you sure about that?" I crossed my arms.

"I gotta, you think maybe she's just crazy?" Rick's face turned to concern.

"If she's been out there this whole time, yeah." I said roughly.

"Maybe you're right." Rick put his hands to his belt, looking around, thinking, working things out in his head.

-------

What do you guys think, is this girl crazy? Thank you for reading and I will be posting a new chapter everyday!