Chapter 21

Rue-

More or less I had been here in Alexandria for about two years. I was collecting from the garden and Daryl was loading up a small car for a run. Two people from the community, I knew one's name was Brandon, weird, twitchy kid, he had been here since the beginning, he was Carl's age. I was picking up watermelons, putting them in a wheelbarrow, that's when I heard yelling and screaming, I looked up to see Brandon, holding on to someone, running full speed toward the car Daryl was loading. Daryl ran at them, trying to stop them, and the kid stabbed Daryl and shoved him out of the way, Brandon and the other guy jumping into the car driving full speed out the open gate.

"Daryl!" I ran toward him, he was laying on the ground in pain, with his hands covering his bleeding wound." Deep breaths, okay." He looked at me, pain on his face, as he did what I instructed." Rick!" I yelled at him as he hobbled over as quick as he could, other people coming over also.

"Get his feet, let's get him to the infirmary." Rick ordered, another man grabbed under Daryl's arms, and I grabbed his legs, we quickly got him to the infirmary, laying him on the bed." He was stabbed." Rick said, to the doctor," I'm going after Brandon, if The Saviors are still out there a war is about to start again."

"Who was that with him?" I said holding Daryl's hand. Rick turned his back to me, avoiding eye contact.

"Negan." He stated.

"I thought, he was locked, up!" Daryl cringed fighting to say anything.

"He was, I had him locked- I don't know what happened." Rick confessed to us," I'm going after them." I looked at Daryl.

"I'll be fine, go." He cringed. I pressed his forehead to mine.

"Don't you dare leave me Daryl Dixon." I whispered to him, then kissed his forehead softly." Deep breaths." I said quietly to him then raised my head," Take care of him." I said to the doctor and left after Rick. "Wait, I'm coming with you." I grabbed my bow and arrows off the front porch. I put them both on my back, we got the biggest possible group together as we headed out, taking horses and carriages.

Rick and Michonne got in the front to steer, I sat in back with Carl, Eugene, Dwight, and several others, a few other trucks were loaded up, and we took off after Brandon and Negan. Rick contacted the Hilltop and the Kingdom so they could keep an eye out. Everyone had a gun ready, along with a melee weapon. I still couldn't bring myself to take a gun, so I had my bow and my machete. We drove several miles until we found the car crashed into a tree. Rick and I jumped out of the carriage checking it, it was empty even the supplies was gone, he banged his hand on to the roof of the car.

"They ran into the woods, if we hurry we can catch up." I said to him, he nodded," c'mon people we're going into the woods, stay alert, hurry." I ran into the woods, checking for tracks.

There were a couple of slide marks, in the dirt maybe one of them got hurt in the crash, I had my bow ready, my arrow resting in its notching point. I quickly walked through checking for tracks, until I heard a yell. I crouched and held up my hand stopping everyone, I pointed in the direction of the yelling.

"Spread out." Rick took half the group with him, I took the other half. We quickly surrounded the area, seeing a large camp of people. I looked across the way seeing Rick, he nodded and I shot an arrow at the nearest guy, then the gun fire rang out. Only moments later everyone was on the ground, a few still alive.

"Where's Negan?" Rick yelled pointing his gun at someone's head." Check the tents." Rick gestured to a few people that broke off to check the tents.

"Nothing." One person came out.

"Looking for something?" I heard a man speak up, dragging a body into the camp. He had a bandana over his mouth, a baseball cap on his head, and an aviator jacket. He tossed the body to the ground in front of him. It was an unconscious Negan. Then a young man came up behind him, dragging another body, that he tossed next to Negan, it was Brandon. The young man had his beanie holding his hair back, that was down to his shoulders, and he also wore a bandana on his face, wearing a vest underneath his zip up jacket. Both of them wearing Punisher shirts, they were also decorated in skulls, studs, chains, and patches.