Chapter 4

Rue-

I sat in the corner with my head resting against the wall, watching Daryl chew on his flanges again." You used to smoke didn't you?" I finally said. He just looked at me, moving his hands away from his mouth. I have been here for about three days, they haven't let me out of this damn trailer yet, Rick hasn't even come back to talk to me. Sasha brings me food, and I sit here day after day with Daryl. He was so unentertaining, he did nothing, but chew on his fingers, pick at them, ugh, same thing everyday with him.

There was a knock at the door, Daryl got up and unlocked it, Rick stepping in.

"Okay, I'm going to fill you in, on what you've missed." Rick said leaderly.

"What did I miss?" I stood to my feet.

"We are fighting back against a group of thieves, they call themselves, The Saviors. They take more than half of everyone's food and supplies. Their leader, Negan, he's brainwashed them all, into believing he's some sort of, king, and they would do anything he told them to do. We want to take him out, all of them, once he's gone, I believe this world could be peaceful again." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Okay, why are you telling me this?" I asked, a little confused.

"We want your help, you're a fighter like us." He smirked at me. I'm always up for a little action, a little fighting.

"Yeah, I'll help, if I could get some more information on Negan, and The Saviors, it would help with my motive." Everyone went silent, looking at one another.

"He's killed people, not just a bullet to the brain," Rick sniffed," he uses a bat he calls Lucille, and brutally kills people with it, he killed our friends, loved ones." He explained with solemnly.

"Like who?" I asked.

"Maggie's husband, my best friend." Sasha spoke up keeping a tough jaw." Right in front of us."

"He took Daryl, trying to claim him, and brainwash him, he came to our community killed more people, and took another." Rick said looking at me darkly.

"Well then, now I know, I'm in." I smirked at them. I couldn't wait, I'm not someone that enjoys killing and the blood, I just enjoy the rush, the stories, and the scars.

"Good, we're going to be invading in a few days. In the mean time, let's get you aquatinted with everyone." He led me out of the trailer, oh fresh air, I missed you.

--------

After introductions, and the general plan was shown to me, I was taken back to the prison trailer." Tomorrow we move out." Rick said leaving, Daryl still being my guard. I rolled my eyes as I went to walk across the room to my usual spot.

He cleared his throat, I looked at him, and he gestured his head to the side, I went and sat a few feet from him." Why?" He grumbled. I looked at him confused." You don't know us." I was having a hard time processing all these words he was saying, this guy never talked, not to me," why you helping us?" He said.

"Because, you guys need my help, I wish I would've had someone out there to help me, when I needed it." I looked down at my bare feet. Daryl didn't say anymore, he just looked down at his hands. Now that I was closer, I could see the scars on his hands, they were rugged and callused." Why don't you talk much?" He shrugged, and grumbled toward me. I sat back defeated, still couldn't get anything out of him." You're like a one liner, aren't you? The only time you talk, it's always something that's wise, or informative, or life changing, huh?" He just glanced at me." Okay, c'mon give me something."

"Like what?" He said gruffly.

"I don't know like, something nobody knows." I shrugged. He just turned his gaze away from me. I huffed as I sat back, crossing my arms. This guy wasn't easy.

"Favorite colours black." He said breaking the silence. I looked at him and smirked, he was coming around.

------

Hey guys, so ha ha ha, what do you think so far? You think Daryl will actually come around? You think Ruth is just curious or flirting? I just wanna know what you guys think, leave me some comments. Thank you so much for reading! :)

P.S. don't fret I will update everyday!