Chapter 19

Daryl-

We were back home, after a week of searching, I parked the RV, Ruth wasn't to thrilled to be back empty handed. We didn't find a single trace of any small camps, nothin. After the last town we searched, Ruth had given up, it was like she was grieving all over again, now that her dad probably really was dead. I wasn't sure what to do for her in this situation I was no good with emotions. After the RV was emptied out and cleaned up, I followed her back to the house. I shut the door behind me grabbing her arm before she could get away from me.

"Are you okay?" I looked at her sincerely. She nodded.

"I just need to shower." I released her arm, seeing the new marks she had etched into her skin, it was a lot. She was very determined on this trip, she was like a different person, jumping right in, head first. She almost seemed crazed at the end of the week, she tore those walkers apart, every single one that got in her way.

I felt like I needed to do something, but again I wasn't sure. I went and sat on the front porch seeing her shoes that were quickly kicked off when we got home. They were thickly covered in Walker muck, even a couple teeth were stuck to them, rocks, leaves, and grass, these things were trashed. Maybe I'll clean them off for her, even though she hates them. I took them into the grass and started spraying them with the hose, scrubbing them with the grass, I got them as clean as I could. I looked at them, they were very roughed up for only being worn for a week. They looked like they had been used for a year, dirty, scraped, and torn. I set them on the porch wall in the sun, letting them dry.

(Let video load, then press X)

I went back inside, and over to the bathroom, the water was running, but there was no humming. She was upset, what do you do with a girl that's this upset, leave her alone, I-I don't know this stuff. I sat outside the bathroom for a while, she still hadn't gotten out, not even a noise. I got up, opening the door, it was steamy and hot in here.

"Ruth, you okay?" I asked, she didn't answer. I slowly opened the shower curtain, she was sitting in the tub, with her legs curled up into her chest with her arms wrapped around them tightly, a blank stare on her face as the water poured down her back and face. I gently touched her shoulder, her face cringed, and she turned away.

"He is dead, isn't he?" She said still not looking at me.

"Yeah." I said quietly. She started to shake as she tried to hold in her pained sobs. I kicked off my boots, and took off my vest, and sat in the tub behind her holding her tightly as she cried.

"Don't you ever leave me Daryl Dixon, don't you dare." She said between her sobs.

"I won't, I promise." I said moving her soaked hair off of her back." C'mon, let's get you to bed." I stood up and turned off the water. I draped a towel over her shoulders, and grabbed a towel for myself. I helped her out of the tub, she adjusted her towel, and I guided her upstairs to my room.

She sat on the bed, and I handed her one of my tee shirts, the least holiest one. I pulled on some sweats, and went over to her room, grabbing a few things for her. She stood up and pulled her underwear and bra on, that's when I saw her scars. Her bullet wounds, that were surgery scars now, she turned revealing her scarred back to me. I couldn't help but stare at these scars, they were awful, and they weren't very old. She pulled my shirt on, covering her back. The shirt was loose on her, the collar hanging off of her shoulder.

"You finally saw them." She said quietly as she laid down on my bed.

"Wish I could'a been there for ya." I said just going with the feeling that was filling my chest.

"Well, no one was there for me, I saved myself." She had an edge in her voice, now what do I say? It was silent for a long moment as I ran like crazy through my head trying to figure out what to say to her." I gave up on the Damsel in Distress a long time ago." She picked at her fingers, making a small clicking noise.

"Good." She looked at me," I didn't want no princess." She then smirked at me, and I smirked back as I laid down next to her.

She rolled over on top of me, and pressed her lips to mine. It was a very passionate kiss I could feel her emotion coming out with every smack of our lips. She tangled her fingers in my hair as I glided my hands up her thighs under her shirt to her waist. I rolled her off me, our lips still glued together, keeping my hands on her smooth skin. She placed her hand behind my neck firmly, as I brushed my hand up her chest, to her face. She moved her hands to my legs, easing me on top of her. She pulled off her shirt, her newly exposed skin illuminated in the dim light. I took a few moments to look over her toned body, man was this really happening?

-------
Hey guys,

Hope you enjoyed that little tease, what did you guys think of this chapter, I mean I don't know about you but the song fit perfectly I thought. Thank you guys so much for reading!