More Than Classmates (Side Story)

Start from the beginning

"That's not it. Maybe he's good at talking."

"Smooth talker, aye?" Jihyo raised both of her eyebrows.

"Stop that, unnie." She laughed when I pushed her shoulders.

"You see, maknae..." She got serious and laid her arm on my shoulder, then continued. "You don't have to hide it 'cause I can obviously see it." She smiled.

"What do you see?" I gave her a confused look.

"Infatuation." She winked and left.

Do I look like I'm infatuated to someone? Am I really infatuated to Jungkook?

"Tzuyu-ssi, it's break time. Aren't you gonna meet up with the other maknae for your school works?" Mina approached me and my thoughts flew away.

"Uh... yeah, right. Thanks for that, unnie." I grabbed my bag and went to the shower room to freshen up a bit.

After that, I wore a white tee and skinny jeans. I let my hair down after drying it up. I immediately went out with my school bag to find Jungkook at the cafe.

"Sorry for being late. How long was it?" I asked as I sat down across him.

"Around 15 minutes, I guess." He said and sipped his cappuccino.

"Oh... I'm really sorry." I bowed at him, feeling guilty.

"No, it's okay. Don't be, yeah?" He said. I glanced at him then down on my hands that were meddling together in embarrassment.

"Here, take a sip for a moment." He looked at the cappuccino that was in front of me.

"You don't have to do this, really." I said, waving my hands.

"I bought that for you, so don't waste it." I nodded and put the beverage in my hands, taking a sip from it.

"So we have 43 minutes to do our school task." He checked his wristwatch and began flipping the pages of his book.

"I'm not good at written outputs like I need someone to give me an idea so that I can get into it." I placed the cappuccino on the table and took out a piece of paper and a ball pen from my bag.

"Don't worry, I'll help you if you need it." He said, not giving me a single glance. I felt uneasy with this situation. Is it him or... me?

"Thank you, Jungkook." I took a glimpse of him and began reading the same book as his.

"Okay, let's start. Have you read Shakespeare's Sonnet 102?" He asked.

"I did like so many times, but... I just don't get it..." I lowered my head, feeling embarrassed. Again.

"I understand if you don't understand old English. Let me clear things out for you, is that alright?" I lifted my face up, and that's the time he was looking at me in the eyes with his beautiful ones.

"Yeah..." I answered in a soft tone while my eyes were still gazing at his.

"Okay, then." His lips turned into a thin line, and broke the eye contact.

"It says here,

My love is strengthened, though more weak in seeming;
I love not less, though less the show appear.

That love is merchandised whose rich esteeming
The owner's tongue doth publish everywhere.
Our love was new, and then but in the spring,
When I was wont to greet it with my lays,
As Philomel in summer's front doth sing,

And stops his pipe in growth of riper days.

Not that the summer is less pleasant now

Than when her mournful hymns did hush the night,

But that wild music burthens every bough,
And sweets grown common lose their dear delight.

  Therefore, like her, I sometime hold my tongue,

  Because I would not dull you with my song." The way he said it was soothing to my ears. He read and pronounced it so well that made me want him to read all over again.

"There are some terms that you don't understand, so let me state that sonnet again, but with the modern words." I nodded at him. I have to admit, he's one smarty pants.

But what I know is that Namjoon is one of the top students in South Korea when he took an entrance exam at a university. And that Namjoon is from BTS. He even has an IQ of 148.

Wait, why did I think about that just now? Weird...

"So, the poet continues to excuse his recent silence by saying that it is a sign of his increased love. Even the nightingale's song would become tedious if it were spread throughout the entire summer, when every other common bird was singing. It is noticeable in this sonnet that the imagery almost takes command, and what in the beginning started as praise of the youth becomes a separate delight in the manifestations of early summer, as the days ripen, and birds sing from every tree. Finally the poet puts an end to it all, and insists that silence is best, since the beauty of their love does not need a prattling tongue to enliven it with song." He explained.

I can't help but leaving my mouth open. How did he do that? I'm impressed.

"The sonnet is part of the group of four which run from 100 to 103, and is a variation on the theme of silence which they seek to explain and excuse." He added. "Oh... I see now." I simply said and puckered my lips.

"What I explained just now is the answer to the task." He smiled and stood up.

"Wait, what?" My eyes grew wide. Really now?

"Good luck!" He walked out of the cafe without turning back.

"I can't believe this." I massaged my temples and started laughing. "No wonder you make my heart flutter." I said to myself.

"You make me happy in a way no one else does." I smiled, as I jot down the things he explained earlier.

Luckily, I got it all in my head, especially...

Him.