Chapter Twenty: This Isn't A Game Anymore

Few Hours Later

(Undyne's POV)

When I woke up I was laying in a conformable bed covered up, but my head was killing me. I put my hand on the side of my head and I felt a banged over the right side of my head and when I would touch it a,sharp pain would kick in.

       "Damn, what happened? " I said and I felt a pair of arms wrap around my neck and once I looked up I saw Frisk. 'Hey there punk, where is Alphys? Also I am fine just don't remember much of what happend." I heard Frisk crying as she laid her head on my shoulder. I smiled and hugged her back. 'Hey, I am fine I promise." I said and she lifted up her head and gave me a small smile.

       "I didn't know what happened, all Sans said was keep Undyne in bed. That's all he said, but I don't know where Alphys went though. Sans said she went looking for a girl named Lydia and he went to go after her." I shot out of my bed, but that was a bad idea because the pain in my head got worse and I felt really dizzy. Why would she go out to find her? I have to stop her, I have to keep her safe. I won't let Lydia hurt her again. 'Undyne, you need to stay in bed that is what Sans told me to do. To keep you here and make sure you don't do anything reckless." I looked at her.

       "You don't get it Frisk, this isn't a game anymore... this is real. That Lydia girl is bad news. She hurt Alphys and then she attacked me. If Alphys goes after her... then... then I'm afraid... Lydia.. is going to hurt her..." I felt tears form in my eyes as I tried to control it, but I couldn't I just couldn't. 'This... is a-a-all my fault... everything... is always my fault..." I put my hands over my face as I cried.

There was running footsteps now I could hear them in the distance. My head shot straight up as I saw Sans running in my room breathing heavily. His eye was bright blue and I knew something wasn't right. I didn't care, I got out of bed but Frisk got there before me and I ran to him as he fell on the floor.

He was injured pretty badly. He had a slash across his chest holding it tightly. I seen this before, but where? I only had one person in mind that could help him. I dialed Papyrus's number in my phone. He was at school because he had a meeting with his puzzle club.

      "UNDYNE, I HEARD YOU WERE HURT, ARE YOU ALRIGHT? " He said overly excited, but worried  to hear from me.

      "You need to get home now! It's Sans he's badly injured and you're the only one that can heal him!" I said in a panicking voice as I saw Sans closing his eyes trying to tell me something.

       "WHAT!? I'M ON MY WAY! I AM SO SORRY MY FELLOW PUZZLE MEMBERS BUT THERE IS A.... FAMILY EMERGENCY!" Was the last thing I heard before he hung up.

      "Undyne, I tried... I really tried to stop her... but something was off with her. She... she wasn't herself..." he said breathing deeper and deeper with every word. 'They..." He passed out before he could finish his sentence. They what?

     "Sans, what's did they do to her? Sans!" I yelled, but he wouldn't respond and I saw his soul lighting up. No... no... no... 'Don't  you dare die on me Sans! We need you! Don't you die on us!" That's when Papyrus ran in the room and grabbed Sans out of Frisk's arms. She was crying, so I went to her and told her to let him go so Papyrus could save him. I held her as she tried to get away from me, but I had her down. 'Frisk... Frisk... let Papyrus do his job... I know... I know... you're scared and worried, but he will be alright, right Papyrus?" I said as I looked up at him as I saw orange mist around him and Sans as I saw the creaks and cuts disappear slowly and I could tell Pappy was getting tired. 'Come Sans please, survive  this..." I said as I put Frisk's head under my chin as she cried and I held her.

       "Pap..." Was all we heard when we looked up. Papyrus was on his knees with Sans in his arm smiling.

       "SANS..." he said as he held his brother. 'What happened?" He asked and Sans slowly got out of his brothers arms and sat in front of him with his legs crossed. There was a creak over his right eye socket now. 'YOUR SOCKET!?" Papyrus said as little too loud and worried. Sans put his hand across his eye as he felt the creaked.

        "Hey Pappy, I have a creak to pick with you, get it?" Papyrus yelled annoyed as Sans started to laugh deeply.

       "SANS, YOU ALMOST JUST DIED! HOW CAN YOU MAKE A PUN RIGHT NOW!" Pappy said a little annoyed, but there was a small smile across his.

      "I know, sorry. What happened is completely confusing for you and even to me. Alphys wasn't herself, it's like something snapped in her. Undyne, I'm so sorry I tried to stop her, but she... she wasn't herself... I'll explain. " I looked at him confused and worried. What did he mean she wasn't herself? Then he started his story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Kate here, sorry this part is short, but the next one will be a lot longer. I hope you guys enjoy this part. Like I said sorry for the sort and cliff hanger. The next part will explain more about what is going on with Alphys. Remember there are some secrets that even Alphys keeps. Until then I'll see you all in the next update. Bye.

Love you 😍😍😍😍