Chapter Five ~ Will He Ever Come Back?

Hehehehehehehehegehehehehehehe

Enjoy~

The number of people they had doubled, and you had absolutely no time for this.

" Well,  here we go." You say.

You and Mitch strike at the same time.

The guards kept coming your way, and you had to make your way around, killing every single one in your path.

When you reached the main guy, he turned and tried to run, but you swung your sword at him, and it caught his shoulder.

He screams, and Mitch finished him off.

All the rest of the bandits stood and stared.

" Scram." You hiss " Or you'll be dead meat too."

They all turned and ran.

" Wow, not much of a fight." Mitch says.

" We killed enough of them, let's get back to the -"

You could tell something big just happened, it was a pull in your gut, it wouldn't leave you alone.

" Something happened, let's get back to the village." You say, turning with Mitch and running back to the village.

When you got back to the village, everything was fine, but you could still tell that something terrible was off.

" Dante, if everything okay?" You ask.

He nods " Why? Did something happen?"

" We ran into a crap ton of bandits but besides that, everything was okay out there."

Dante's eyes widened " How many bandits? Do we need to go clear them out?"

You shake your head " No, we got them. Well, the main one anyways, the rest kind of left after that."

" Because you threatened them." Mitch adds.

You turn and glare at him, then you look back to Dante and sigh " Anywho, we got a good portion of them."

Dante nods, then all of a sudden Zoey is here.

" Dante! Dante!" You hear Zoey.

Mitch, Dante and you turn to Zoey.

" Dante! Can I talk to you in private?" Zoey asks.

That immediately sparks your interest, but you keep quiet.

She'll have to tell us eventually.

" You can see it right? Whatever their planning?" Mitch asks.

" Mitch." You warn.

" But you know it's true! They might be planning something. It makes them look bad."

" We have secrets as much as they do Mitch." You say.

They walk past the gates.

" Do you have any clue on what might've happened?" Mitch asks.

" No, you?" You ask.

" Not a clue." Mitch says " But I really have a feeling it's bad."

" I do too." You say " Check the perimeter, go around once or twice just to make sure the bandits didn't follow us."

" Got it." Mitch says, as he turns away and walks to the wall to start.

You just watch.

Is it a possibility that they found the missing ones?