40

"What do you mean 'unlike' him", Holly interrupts.
"OH, Uh hI yOU'Re BAcK...", Mark says nervously "I DidN'T NoTI-"
"Holly, were the birbs worth it?"
"THEY'RE ADORABLE OH MY LORD, THERE'S A PARROT I NEED TO SHOW YOU! COME ON!!", She drags Ross away from the table towards the awaiting bird. Mark moves his head to look at Jack, who he hadn't realised was staring right at him, inches away. Jack had one hand one the table next to Mark and the other on the back of Mark's chair, his face right next to Mark's. "Who were you guys talking 'bout Mahrk?", His voice went into the thick accented, emotionless state it had been on previous occasions. "N-n-no one!"
"You sure 'bout that?" He moved the hand he had on the table, onto Mark's hand. He grasped the hand and rubbed the back with his thumb.
"O-okay! Uh... iT waS AbOut tHe gUY I LikE. He.., he's been acting weird for a while now. I was asking Ross for theories as the why."
"Seems legit enough, I believe you Mahrk." Jack moves over to the seat next Mark, he sits in it and immediately zones out through the window.

Holly and Ross come back in time just before the food comes. Mark got caesar salad, Ross got a parma, Holly got a salad of some sort and Jack got a potato jacket. "You got the fookin Irishman a potahto?!" Jack protested in a fit of laughter. They all started laughing until one of them started crying. Ross pointed to Mark "Blame him! He's the one who got your food! He said 'I know exactly what this boi needs'!"
"Half of that was true! I actually said 'Irishman = potatoes that's what I'll get this kid'.", Mark tried to defend himself. It didn't really work.
"I don't know whether to be offended that you guys both called me boi and kid or that you got me potahto. To be honest I'm going to eat this and be satisfied, but know, I will get you back for this Mark." and with a ton of laughter they dug into the food.

After they had finished, Ross and Holly left to find Arin and Danny, who they had completely forgotten about. It took a bit to detach Holly from the birds but Ross got her out of there. Mark and Jack stayed a bit later, having to buy coffees so they could stay inside the warm buildings with adorable birds. Jack was zoned out looking and petting a green budgie that came over, when Mark put a hand on his shoulder. Jack flipped out and squeezed Mark's hand extremely tight, squishing it and causing it to go white. "Seán! My hand!"
Jack let go and had an apologetic look on his face"Ah shit. Sorry Mark... I should have told you about that..."
"Probably! ah fuck..." Mark whispers to himself, rubbing his hand gently "what I was going to say is, are you ready to leave? They're going to close up soon."
"Oh, let's go... after I say bye to the budgie.", Jack smiles up at Mark and turns to where the bird was. "You must have scared it off! awh..."
"Hey, at least we can leave now!" Mark said laughing.

They got up, Mark payed the bill, and left the building. Finally. They took a few steps out down the road back to the park when, all of a sudden, it started snowing. Jack didn't notice at first, lost in his own world, until a snowflake landed on his nose. He took a giant, excited breath in, turns towards Mark and hit his arm until he payed attention to him. "What?"
"It's snowing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LET ME BE EXCITED ABOUT SNOW! I'M AUSTRALIAN, IT'S SUMMER AND IT'S LIKE, 35 DEGREES. OKAY?!
This will also be my last one for today. If I didn't end it evenly, I'd die mentally.