37.

"B-b-but they're not g-one!"
"Hey, shhhh it's okay. You can stay with me for as long as you like. I just want you to be happy for now. They won't get you if I'm here. shhh.", Mark pets Jack's head and holds him in a tight, soft hug.
"O-okay..."

After a few minutes of sitting with Jack on Mark's lap under a Christmas tree in the middle of the park, Mark's stomach begins to growl. "Apparently you didn't eat enough at lunch Mark!", Jack chuckles, standing up. "We'll have to do something about that, hey?"
"I guess so!", Jack replies holding out a hand to Mark. Mark takes Jack's hand and tries to stand up; ending up with them both on the ground again. Jack landed ontop of Mark. His hands either side of Mark's face. Mark's right hand landed on Jack's waist. "Hey...", They both start blushing. "I... uhh, sor-". Jack was cut off by another voice, it wasn't a familiar one. "Get a room, Mark!", Mark quickly pushed Jack upright and stood up.
"Ross! Hey man... how's it going! Why are you under the tree too?"
"Apparently not as good as you and your new boyfriend! I'm here because Holly wanted to see if there were any birds inside the tree.", Ross looks to his side and a girl with dark purple hair steps out "Hi! I'm Holly." she gives Jack a hug "I'm kinda dissapointed there aren't any birbs..."
"I don't imagine there would be any in a decorated Christmas tree.", Jack says quietly.
"ThAT's WhAt I TrIEd tO TElL HeR!!" Ross yells, everyone except Holly laughs. She gives a comical angry face. "Mark you still haven't introduced us to your boyfriend!", Ross reminds him.
"First off he's not not my boyfriend *cough*yet*cough*, he's a friend I met online" Holly and Ross giggle a bit, whilst Jack is oblivious to what. "His name is Jack."
"Hi...." Jack almost whispers.
"Hey are you from Ireland? " Ross questions.
"Uh, yea I am actually. How'd you guess?"
"I have a knack for these things. How was the 10 hour flight?"
"Excruciating. You're Australian, right?"
"Yeah! I've lost most of my accent though... I'm surprised you pic-"
"ANYWAY, are the rest of you here? Or are you two just outside for once?", Mark buts in,
"I wish we were by ourselves, Danny and Arin are around the corner. Probably making out or something alike.", Mark shoots Ross a look, asking if he was being serious or joking around. "Yes Mark. Arin, who is married, is totally making out with Dan." Ross remarks in a sarcastic tone.
"Jesus, I thought you were being serious!"
"I wish I was serious."
"Hey, we were about to ditch them to get some early dinner, you guys wanna join?" Holly asks, mostly directed at Jack, who looks at Mark for approval.
"Why not!" Mark answers, "That's what we were going to do before I accidentally toppled Jack over."

   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm really happy at the moment so I might update a whole bunch today.
I'm also thinking about keeping the chapters short like the last few and updating more. So it's kinda like the same? I'm just using chapters as like a mini time skip sometimes or a refresh. Idk I like it.
You should check out RobertIDK too