LILY

The door flew off its hinges.

There was a split second of co.plete silence.

And I was thinking what the hell.

Then a lightbulb hit me and I realized what was happening.

No seriously, a lightbulb hit my arm and I realized what was happening.

James seemed to figure it out before I did, though.

"Run! Lily, Run! Take Harry and Run! Go! I'll fend him off!" And I did what he said mindlessly before realising the reality of his words.

And as it sunk in, I turned to look at him with the most horrified expression. God, no. I wasn't about to leave him behind. "But James, what about-"

He cut me off. "Never mind me, go! Hurry!"

I cut him one last look before rushing up the stairs, taking them two at a time. "It's okay, it's going to be okay," I whispered softly to Harry, though I feel like it was more of a reassurance to myself rather than a comfort to Harry. It became a mantra to me, I repeated the same phrase over and over and over again until the words unhinged from their meaning and my mind was numb.

I ran into the nursery and locked the door, put Harry in his crib, and started pushing random things against the door against the barricade. This chair, that pillow, that table.

"It's going to be okay, it's going to be okay, it's going to be okay." We all knew that it wasn't though.

I started crying when I heard the footsteps coming up the stairs. If there were footsteps coming up the stairs, that meant only one thing -- James was dead.

A single tear shed down my face when the door opened even with all the barricades I put up. I stood protectively in front of Harry. If I was going to die and James was already Dead, the least I could do  was protect Harry.

"Move, you insufferable girl!" The noseless guy said. "Move!"

"I refuse to appeal to your merciless ways," I said defiantly. "Deal with it, Voldy."

"Merlin, what is with it with Potters constantly trying to make fun of me? Voldy? Seriously?" I heard him mumble under his breath. "You either Move or you Die!" He said loudly.

"Well then, I guess I'm going to die."

I barely registered him saying the two words before the curse came at me.

And sure, I was scared of death, and sure, I didn't want to die. But still I welcomed the concept of death.

Because maybe -- just maybe -- I can see James again.