LILY

@h! I have two hundred reads!! Wait, did I already mention this? Eh. Don't care.

Again, I don't own Ms. Evans or Mr. Potter. Or anyone else, for that matter.

Three days until the annual 7th year Halloween party! I'm so excited! I hope James asks me to go with him!

Wait, what?!

Ooh, You fancy James! A voice in my head says.

No. I don't. I argue

Yes you do!

No!

Mmhmm.

Of course not!

You do.

This goes on for maybe, what, ten minutes, maybe twenty? I do not give in. Stupid mind won't either.

"Hey, Lily."

I'm so lost in my thoughts that I barely hear him.

"Hi, James."

"So... Lily, The Halloween party is coming up..." He gets a nervous look plastered on his usually confident face.

"I know, Potter. Go on." I order.

"And... I was... I thought... Bloody hell this is hard! Lily Evans, do you want to go to the party with me?"

"Hmm..." I ponder over it for a minute. Hope gleams in the hazel eyes that are shielded by glasses. I process the situation logically, and when I can't, I process it emotionally. when I can't, I don't think, and I blurt out the first answer that comes to my mind.

"Sure," I conclude. "How bad could it be?"

"Was that a yes?"

"It was?"

He pumps his fist into the air like a victory has been win, and he's grinning his cheesy, idiotic, goofy, grin that I know so well. I bet you a million galleons that his eyes are excited behind those clear shields of his.

"I will see you then, Evans." And he walks off looking like there isn't a care in the world.

Is that how he feels about me? The time we I was forced into a date with him - the first time, I mean. - that cheesy grin like he was the happiest man in the world, was it for me? I knew he was after me, that he loved me, but is it that deep? Do I matter to him that much?

The crack in his heart and the hurt in his eyes when I turned him down, did I do that?

By hating him for six years, I - I ruined his life.

Is that true?

I suppose so.

So... Does that mean I'm the bad guy?

Oh, god.

I'm almost as bad as Snape.

***

"Hey, Mar." I greet her.

"So... Has Lames happened?"

"What? What is Lames?"

"Lames? I thought we went with Jily, Mar." Alice joins the conversation

"What are Lames and Jily?" I ask

"Oh, your ship names in consideration." Mar answers.

I'm baffled.

"We aren't together!" I exclaim. I whisper the next part quietly, "Though I am going to the Halloween party with him."

"What?!" Mar and Ali gush simultaneously.

Oops.