JAMES

Lily spaces out for a second, then just faints. I catch her just in time to keep her from hitting the ground.

And at that exact moment, everyone else comes in. They see a limp Lily in my arms and urgently set down the food.

"What happened, mate?" Peter asks, worried.

"Explanations later. For now, help me get her on a bed." I order.

Sirius and I set her on my bed. I sit down. All of us sit down.

"So... What happened?!" Marlene shouts at me. "Why is there an unconscious Lily in the room?"

Everyone starts asking the same thing at once. I tell them to shut up so I can explain.

"Some guy, a few minutes before you guys came in here, he knocked on the door. I opened it, and this is what he said. He asked if Lily was in here, since she wasn't at her dorm and someone told him to find her here, and I said, 'yes; yes she is'. So he goes on to tell me that Lily's dad was killed in a dementor attack -" I am cut off by Sirius.

"But he was so nice! He can't just die ."  Sirius exclaims.

"I know," I agree, still sad. "But anyway, I had to tell her that her father was dead because, well, she's his daughter and I wouldn't keep something like that away from her. So I tell her and she thinks I'm kidding so I say, 'no, I'm serious' and she just blanked out and fainted. " I take a breath. That was a mouthful to say.

And now I feel like my heart was aching.

Though I only knew him for a few days, it seemed like he was a second father to me. He treated me like a son, and thought I was good enough for Lily.

Now?

Now he is gone.

And none of us - not even Lily - will ever get him back.

And I'm brokenhearted because of it.

Cries* this is such a short chapter!! I'm so sorry!!!!!!!!

And yet, more sorrow and fluff and tears and more are to come. Not for the reason you think, though.

Good bye, my readers.