JAMES

This is the final time skip. There will be only three more chapters to this book.

Also, I'm deleting the relatablepotato account, or maybe I won't. I'm not sure yet. Tell me what you think I should do.

Excerpt from a previous chapter that you  will want to know. "I grew up thinking that green meant death. Green is also the color of Lily's eyes.

That proves it then. Lily Evans will be the death of me."

*October 31, 1981*

And here I was thinking that it was going to be a normal day.

Oh but no. The universe decided to be this way and messed it all up.

Have I mentioned that I really hate the universe?

ו×

"Hey, James."

"Hey Lils," I said groggily. "What's for breakfast?"

"Its amazing how you haven't grown fat yet, seeing as you eat probably 7000 pounds of food a day."

"Shut up."

"Make me, Potter."

"I'd like to take this moment to remind you that, you too in fact, are also a Potter, therefore the insult isn't valid."

A grin spread over her face. I couldn't help it, I smiled too.

ו×

A baby's laughter is one of the best sounds you could ever hear in your life.

Unless, of course, its one am on Friday the 13th and you live alone with out a child.

I was not one such case.

I couldn't help it when I poked Hairy - which had become my new nickname for Harry - lightly in the stomach. He laughed so cutely and he laughter was so contagious that me and Lils started cracking up too.

Lily was in the kitchen making lunch, and I really hoped it was macaroni and cheese because I had been in love with the stuff ever since she showed it to me.

Needless to say, I never found out.

ו×

The door flew off of the hinges.

There was a split second of absolute silence. And then I realized what was happening. One thought filled my head:

Distract him.

And this is where most people get my story wrong. I never fought Voldemort wandless because I was arrogant and brave and I  thought I could defeat him and save Hairy and Lily.

I fought him wandless to buy time. To distract Him so Lily and Hairy could escape.

I knew that I was going to die.

"Lily! Lily, Run! Take Harry and run! Go! I'll fend him off!" I yelled, grabbing my wand and holding it in a defensive position. I wasn't head Auror for nothing.

Lily grabbed Harry and looked at me with the most scared expression. I couldn't bear to look at her that way. "But James! What about -"

"Never mind me, go! Hurry!"

And with one last glance in my direction, she raced up the stairs like a madman.

"Expelliarmus!" I shouted, trying to catch him off guard, but he quickly snapped to attention and deflected it. The curse had no effect.

"Ha, you silly boy. You think I can be defeated? Expelliarmus!"

My wand flew out of my hand before I had time to dodge the attack. Dammit. The wand had landed several feet away, and I couldn't get to it without letting my guard down.

"Surrender now, pretty boy, you've ready lost," he snarled.

And something about that sentence made me triggered. No, I hadn't lost. Not yet. I bought Lily and Hairy a few minutes, and that could be the minutes that bought them hours that bought them years. No, I hadn't lost if I let them live a little longer.

"So what if I'm wandless?!" I said to him. "I'll punch you in the bloody nose! Oh wait. You dont have one."

"That's it!" He exclaimed, snarling. "I've just about had enough of you. Avada Kedavra!" I flash of green headed towards me.

Sure, I had grown up thinking green meant death. But green wasn't death anymore. Not to me at least.

Green was the color of Lily's eyes.

Green meant Lily.

So I invited the curse with open arms.

Here we go. Next chapter will be out today or tomorrow, the day after tomorrow I have school. Dont hate me for ending this book, please!