REMUS

Favorite color?

*next day*

I shake Lily awake. "Lily."

A few minutes.

"Lily." I shake her harder.

I shake her even harder.

Ugh, how am I supposed to tell her that Prongs is okay and well and all better and waiting for her if she won't bloody wake up?

I shake her so hard as to the extent that she looks like she's having a seizure. "Lily!" I exclaim, aggravated.

Oh my god. I'm just gonna get Prongs to help me wake her up.

*two minutes later*

As I drag Prongs into Lily's room I ignore his protests. I point in the vague direction if Lily without looking at her, only staring into Prongs' eyes. "Wake her up, I" order.

He sighs deeply. "It's like trying to wake up Hagrid. I'll try anyway."

He pulls out His wand. "Aguamenti!" He exclaims, flourishing the wand. A wave of water hits Lily. She lies there, indifferent.

"Hmm," James muses. "That usually works. Then again, I've only done that once."

Merlin, can she just wake up?

Unless...

Ha! Impossible. She can't be.

I press the back of my hand to her forehead anyway, just as a precaution. Her skin feels cold and clammy. How am I noticing her unnatural paleness only now?

Pressing two fingers to her neck -- a muggle trick -- I check for a pulse. A unsteady, faint thump meets me.

Thump.

Thump.
Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.
Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

Nothing.

That's not good.

"Prongs! Check her heartbeat."

Please, please, say its just me; that I'm not feeling it when its still there.

Please.

He does the same thing, pressing his fore and middle finger to the side of her neck. His face grows panicked, and he picks her up and rushes towards the hospital wing.

How many times have we been there this year? Too many, much more than I would like to admit.

"Moony, go back and tell Padfoot to tell McKinnon and Prewett. Tell Prewett to tell Longbottom and bring Wormy to come here."

What's going to happen?

I don't know.

All I can do is look to a shooting star and say one thing.

Please.