LILY

"Hello, my Knight in shining armor," I greet sarcastically.

"Hello, my damsel in distress," James greets back, just as sarcastically.

I punch him square in the jaw. Hard.

"Oooowwwww!" He complains.

I smirk. "How's that for a damsel in distress?"

He thinks about it and says, "Not too bad."

Then he adds, "Well, could be better."

"Oh, so you want me to punch you again?"

He shakes his head vigorously. "No, no. You are the best puncher in the world and are not, in any circumstances, a damsel in distress."

I nod approvingly. "Yes. You are correct."

He kisses my forehead. "I'm still waiting to be the hero."

"Never gonna happen," I say.

"Ah... One day or another, Evans."

"This is why I love you."

"I know." He smiles.

"But," I counter. "Your arrogance can get in the way of that. And your toe rag like ways."

The smile turns into a frown. "For the last time, I am NOT an arrogant roe rag!" He protests.

"Whatever you need to tell yourself, toe rag."

∆•∆

That night, I steal one of James's hoodies. I pull out a black sharpie marker and get to work.

As I cross out the word, 'POTTER' on the back, underneath I write, in equally big letters, 'EVANS'.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Not his sweatshirt anymore, is it?

I pull it on me and inhale.

Of course. Of course he smells like fresh air from quidditch. Of course smells like all the sweets he ate from dinner. Of course.

Stupid James and his stupid sweets.

He's making me go asinine!

Sighing, I flop onto my bed and my head hits the pillow.

Just like that, I'm out.

Please don't hurt me! I know I haven't posted in a while, but this idea has taken so long to pop into my head and took the course of several days for me to write it. Between my busyness and my writers block, I have no time to do anything. Its a crazy week. I'm sorry, and I should be updating more often now!