LILY

Jily = JKR's property #dealwithit

"Potter," I ask for the millionth time as he drags me by the hand. "Can you please tell me where we are going?"

Did I mention that I'm blindfolded?

"Nope!" He answers, popping the 'p'. "Its a surprise."

"Please?"

"No."

We walk on for about three minutes, until...

"We're here!" James singsongs. I'm still wearing my blindfold.

"Can I take this blindfold off?"

"No, Evans. Wait here."

I'm left here to stand like an idiot.

And an idiot with a blindfold at that.

Is James gone?

Its been a while.

Did he ditch me?!

"Potter?" I ask, worry seeping into my voice. "Are you still -" I'm cut off by something cold clasping around my neck. I take the blindfold off without Potter's permission and gasp. A necklace with a single, silver songbird pendant is dangling from my neck. Its beautiful, elegant yet simple.

"James!" I exclaim as I slap him upside the head.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"Buying me the necklace, you idiot! I told you not to spend money on me!"

"But I already told you, I have too much money!"

And then I push him into the lake. (Which happened to be where we were.) He pops up from under the surface, his floppy hair and the rest of him wet.

"You know, Evans, most girls would thank me for buying me a necklace. Not push me into a lake."

I stoop down and extend an arm to help him get out. "I'm quite sure that you've realized that I'm not like most girls."

He takes my hand, but instead of pushing himself out, he pulls me in.

And now I am soaking wet.

Well, I guess I deserve it.

We both get out, and I brush the hair sticking to my face out of my eyes. "You, Potter, are a stupid git." I say

"I'd call you the same, but you, Evans, are a smart and beautiful girl with amazing green eyes."

I look down, bashful.

"Is Lily Evans blushing?" He asks, shocked.

"No she is not." I look up and stare him dead in the eye while I say this.

We sit down by the tree, talking and laughing and having fun.

And before I know it, we have to go.

We still laugh and talk all the way to my dorm.

When we get there, James asks, "Do I get a kiss like last time?" Hope shines in his eyes.

"No," I answer. The hope is gone like nothing. "Why? Because, You, Potter, are a git." I explain, and we crack up.

I still wear a smile as I walk through the door and close it behind me. Alice is in there. She takes one look at me and says, "What happened?!"

Oh. I'm still soaking wet.

"James Potter happened, Ali. James Potter."

"Tell. Me. Everything!" Marlene shouted. She had just walked in.

So I do.