Chapter 24 - Kudarizaka

Eyes blink before waking up, Imposter Aayla slowly lifts herself up. Dazed by a light head, she scans her surroundings, shrapnel lies scattered around the centre with fresh smoke resting on the surface of the cracked floor. The walls looked like an opened Easter egg ready to be eaten with most of the damage on the right side.

Imposter Aayla in contrast to the extensive damage is near rubble of the former exit of the building. She stands up, feeling the rough dirt leap onto her hands as she retracts them from the floor. She feels for her sabre on her belt and finds it on her left side sitting like it hadn't been touched.

"That's never happened before?" Imposter Aayla notes to herself, giving her skin a weird look as she runs her fingers down the swirling markings which have randomly appeared on every visible part of her body. Her complete right arm, stomach, Lekku, left hand and lower back are mingled with the strange appearing marks.

The cussing and shouting of an outraged voice distracts Imposter Aayla from speculating an answer, drawing her from the destroyed temple to find a limp Leo struggling to walk himself across to Vader.

"A numbers been done on him." Imposter Aayla observes, astounded by the extensive injuries Leo has sustained. I should help. She walks over to him as he falls forward landing chest first onto the ground.

"Shit." Leo muffles, feeling the wind escaping his lungs as he rolls over to see a blue hand extended out in front of him. He looks to what the hand is attached to before acting, "No thanks." He waves Imposter Aayla's hand out of the way and tries to prop himself up, but is stopped by a light head as the blood loss he's suffered starts to show in his face.

Imposter Aayla gently picks Leo up and helps him over to a part of the temple that is sturdy enough to hold.

"There you go." She says, slowly placing Leo down and kneeling in front of him. "How do you feel?"

Leo doesn't look Imposter Aayla in the eye and turns his head away hiding his face in his orange strands, shunning her.

"Fine don't talk to me!" She dismisses him, standing up and turning away – folding her arms. "Your manners have gone out the window."

Leo turns back becoming paler each second. He numbly studies the markings on Imposter Aayla's Lekku, following the pattern and losing the trail each time it disappeared.

"D-D-Did I... d-do that?" he softly asks, lightly blinking his eyes as he starts to space out.

"Yes... yes you did." Imposter Aayla replies, slightly turning her head around to acknowledge Leo. Out of her peripherals, she glimpses his condition and returns to tend to him. "Do you feel vacant?"

"I-I'm so-sorry for tha-" Leo tries to speak, but is cut off by Imposter Aayla placing her index finger on his lips. "Shh, let me help you before apologising." She puts both of her palms on the top of Leo's forehead and closes her eyes. She sends her Force energy into Leo's body to heal his wounds.

The flowing power diving into Leo's body rapidly heals the cuts on his sides and head, leaving only remnants of dried up blood and sealed wounds. The colour in his face starts to return.

"Thank y-" Leo is yet again interrupted by Imposter Aayla, but this time by a kiss. He quickly disconnects the lip-lock, feeling himself become flustered in the process. "Why'd you do that?!" he demands, shocked by her sudden display of affection.

"I saw it in your memories. Whenever you meet a new, significant female you kiss them and give them a name if needed." Imposter Aayla answers, making Leo contemplate the response. She chuckles at his over thought being put into the work.