Chapter 15 - Aftermath

Ibn La Ahad, Near Unknown Space

"I'll leave you in capable hands then." Sidious retracts himself from Nelani's mind; setting her free from his disturbing grasp to collapse unconscious from the experience. A T-6 Shuttle lands at the entrance of Jedi City followed by 4 LAAT's filled to the brim with clone troopers of the 501st legion. The smoke coming from the ships exhaust ports quickly covers the landing area, making it near impossible to see a few centimetres in front of their faces.

The LAAT doors open to reveal the clone troopers idly waiting for the order to start charging into a battle that may be their last. Violent yelling could be heard as the troopers were caught off guard by the sudden boulder being flung to the LAAT closest to the entrance. The carrier is sent back into another behind causing a chain reaction of explosions.

The T-6 Shuttle having landed several metres away is left untouched. Darth Vader reveals himself from the shuttle with his new suit to help him live. The fire of the explosions reflects off his helmet imposing a fearful leader to the clones. The screams of the wounded could be heard from outside the city as Leo runs towards the ships, he grabs for Ahsoka's lightsabre igniting it with a fury running deep within his veins.

Leo feels his emotions swell into a surge of energy as he uses the Force to leap himself over the last few buildings standing between him and his victims. He goes into a forward roll to cushion his landing. Mere metres now are the only thing keep Leo from Vader.

"You again." Vader scorns with his new deep robotic voice.

"Who are you?!" Leo yells, staring down Vader with all his rage filled into his question, yellow quietly drains into his eyes.

"Darth Vader." Vader replies, "And you are the Jedi who I encountered back at the Senate Building. You escaped my grasp once - this time will be different."

Leo's expression turns to disbelief. This is not the Anakin Skywalker he faced off with. He has been reborn a true Sith, anger and vengeance has consumed him, as it has done to Leo. He then composes himself changing his face back to one of anger. "Yes, it will because you're going to die!" He exclaims charging at Vader.

Vader looks to Leo's lightsabre. That's Ahsoka's lightsabre. He thinks to himself letting memories of his old Padawan flow through his head, leaving himself open for attack. He then sees the green hue of the blade slash across his helmet, leaving a thin cut from his attempt at dodging in his clunky suit.

Vader then grabs for Lightsabre and blocks another strike for his helmet. Leo then grabs for Ahsoka's Shoto with his left hand in a reverse grip, igniting it and jabbing it into Vader's thigh. Vader lets out a deep voiced scream from the pain.

Vader then kicks Leo away with powerful Force creating distance for Vader to recover. He has her Shoto as well. He notes, composing himself into a ready stance, feeling off balance from the jab.

"So now you're ready." Leo remarks, analysing any other weakness he can exploit.

Vader stays silent and extends his left arm out to choke Leo with the Force. It doesn't take long for Leo to let out a barrage of Force lightning onto Vader using the sweltering surge within himself to short-circuit the robotic Sith, deactivating his lightsabre as he receives it.

"I've become more powerful since our last encounter." Leo grunts, charging once again.

Vader regains control of his suit in time to side step Leo's assault. He re-ignites his sabre then strikes for Leo's back making slight contact as Leo blocks with the Shoto. Wincing as Vader sliced through the left side of his abdomen. Leo raises his arm in a weak block, struggling to fend off the attack.