Chapter 2 - Soothing the Flame

Leo awakens to find himself back in the Jedi Temple, he looks down at his arm the bandage and the injury are gone it appears to have healed at an unnatural rate. And has somehow been redressed from pyjamas to his robes. He looks around the Temple seeing no trace of the battle had taken place, no bodies, no marks on the walls from blaster bolts, no nothing.

Leo wonders around the Temple for a little while still not finding any trace until he hears the ignition of a Lightsabre. He cautiously turns to see the Sith apprentice, Darth Vader in the shadows. The shadows cover Vader well, but the Lightsabre reveals some of his outfit, appearing to wear a different outfit from the last time Leo saw him. Instead the darker robes he once had, he is wearing more traditional brown shades on his Jedi robes now.

Vader's yellow eyes steer right into Leo's soul. Scared out his wits he grabs for his lightsabre, but... it's gone it has vanished from his belt. Then he looks back at Vader seeing him grab for another Lightsabre. He ignites it - the blue beams pulse pierces Leo's heart as if he'd been stabbed already.

Leo looks at the hilt of the second Lightsabre, recognising it as his own.

But how did he get it? Leo thinks to himself.

The Sith apprentice then moves out of the shadows. Leo is immediately shocked by what he sees before him. Scars extending down the length of his face, from the forehead down to his mouth. Leo recognises half of Vader's face as his own. Vader starts to walk towards him, letting the sabres drag across the floor. Leaving a trail of scorch marks with each step he takes.

Leo freezes in fear thinking to himself, is this what I'll become? Am I destined to become a servant of the Dark Side? Vader lifts his arms; the blue hue of the sabres appear over his face as Vader swings the sabres with all his strength behind the strike until!

Leo awakens abruptly screaming out, "No!" Sweating, heart pulsing, he takes look around the room. frantically searching for Vader, calming himself once he comes to grips with it being a nightmare.

Riyo runs into the room to his bedside, "Are you okay? What's wrong?" She comfortingly inquires, grabbing his hands and feeling them tremble with fear.

Leo looks at Riyo feeling something has changed within himself, talking in an almost depressed tone, "I'm becoming like him; I'm becoming like Vader I can feel it."

A horrified face befalls Riyo by Leo's words, she guides his face to hers and looks him dead in the eye.

"Now listen to me you aren't a bad person, never have, never will be. You're destined for great things and a new chapter in your life is about to begin". She encourages with a firm yet caring tone.

Riyo then embraces Leo with an uplifting squeeze. "Don't be afraid of what's in front of you, jut run with it."

A Pantoran servant of Riyo's who looks about the same age as Leo and is wearing a short purple dress with blue heels enters the room.

"Lady Riyo, Lord Vader is here to see you." She says, gesturing for her to hurry.

Leo gives her quick glance of acknowledgement with an I'm-glad-to-see-you face. Riyo quickly turns back to Leo, revealing his Lightsabre from her bed side draw.

Handing it to him with great reluctance and whisper's in his ear, "Your new chapter is beginning. Now run with it and never look back." She kisses him on the cheek and with a sadden smile, climbs off from the bed and walks out, accepting her fate.

Leo flings himself out of the bed; the servant directs him to the wardrobe to change. Before doing so he gives his childhood friend a great big hug of relief. "It's so great to see you again, Aya."