Prologue

Screams of pain echoed through the Jedi Temple, shadowing the hum of the lightsabres. This is the nightmare Leo Kennex is experiencing, the horrific sight of his Jedi brothers and sisters being massacred at the hands of 501st Legion. The sick feeling of seeing all of them perish makes his heart break, but the feeling of adrenaline kicks back and refocus Leo on the situation in front of him.

Darth Vader seemed to radiate the Dark Side of the force more and more with each Jedi he killed, anyone who attempted a strike at the Sith apprentice was quickly struck down. Leo looks on in fear thinking he will be slain by the Sith Apprentice, but whilst still looking at Vader Leo began to miss what's going on around him until he hears footsteps running towards him. He turns abruptly to see a Padawan - she looked to be younger than Leo based on her small stature and childlike features but she looked tired. Her face was sweaty and pale; her clothes were dowsed in sweat.

The Padawan must have been running from troopers amongst all the blaster bolts, and as she was running towards Leo she fell. The dwindling feeling of sadness came over him for a brief few seconds as he grieved for the girl he never even knew. She was shot from behind by a trooper and in shock, Leo stood frozen and looked down at her corpse and then look back up at the trooper who shot her.

The adrenaline feeling was gone and in its place anger blossomed like a flower. He ignited his lightsabre - its Blue beam pulsed out of the hilt and then Leo quickly ran towards the trooper and sliced his waist in two. The anger is gone and is now replaced by shock as he looked back at the trooper lying on the floor. His first kill. It shouldn't have happened yet. None of this should have.