Chapter 11 - Close Encounters

The night sky dawned on the land as quick as the daylight retreated from its presence. Nelani sat behind the temple in a garden with a plethora of flowers and medium sized trees surrounding the outline of the wall. It wasn't a big area it was about 20 metres wide and 30 metres long. She sat on a log by the pond that was in the middle of the garden. The pond was trifled with pink and green leaves floating on its surface, the water itself was clear. Leo had been walking around the city looking for Nelani for some time now without any success.

"Where is that girl?" Leo ponders to himself scratching the top of his head looking near the landing ports at the far end of the city.

'I'm behind the temple, Silly.' Nelani teases with Force telepathy.

'Oh.'

'Come on, or Don't you want get lost in my gaze again.'

Leo blushes. 'Who said I got lost in your gaze?' He replies with a defensive tone.

'Don't worry. I think it's cute.' Nelani reassures, grinning from the expected comment.

'I'll be right there.' Leo begins to run.

Leo finds his way through a few bushes to lay his eyes on a majestic garden; so, regal and well-kept in comparison to the rest of the rundown city. The pond was the first thing to draw his attention, the soft blue illumination was the only source of light available in the garden. The tiled path he stood on lead him to Nelani standing in front of the pond with her attention on him.

Slowly Leo steps from tile to tile, taking in the beautiful sight he didn't know was here. The white tiles seem to reflect the unnatural blue hue of colour. He follows the tile path making to Nelani seeing it curve around the pond making a figure eight. She holds out her hands to him when he approaches closer, smiling as he pulls her close.

Coruscant, Galactic Senate Office Building,

West Landing Platform

The early morning suns presence was graced with sound of blaster bolts being fired on the west side of the Senate Office Building. Xavier hides behind a LAAT avoiding the barrage of blaster bolts being shot in his direction. On the other side of the ship is Aya.

Aya's outfit has completely changed from the senators garments she once had. Rather than be constricted for work, she now moves fluidly in tight khaki jeans and knee length leather boots. A black sleeveless vest snugly hugs her upper body; zipped up to her neck but allowing her maximum movement to fight with a brown bracer with comlink to complete the outfit.

Xavier pulls a thermal detonator from his belt and roles towards the clone troopers. Within a few seconds, it explodes. Killing the 2 troopers and sending their lifeless corpses metres back. One of the corpses hits another trooper taking him by surprise.

Aya takes this chance to fire a few shots at the troopers - most of them miss, but one manages to hit a trooper on the left foot making him fall forward. Another trooper pulls him behind a pillar checking the wound.

"Ya need to work on your aim!" Xavier observes.

"We'll I haven't much practice or a good teacher!" Aya remarks, reminding him to cut her some slack.

"Well, I believe in a practical approach when it comes to teaching!" Xavier retorts, smirking under his helmet as he fires a few more bolts. Hitting two in the chest sending them back on their butts.

"I think to you need to take a different approach to your teaching methods!"

"Tell ya what as soon as we finish up here! We'll get back to back practicing! What do ya say?!"