Chapter 1 - Remnants of Past

Leo realises now the Jedi Temple is lost and the Clone Troopers out number them. The fact he is leaving this place the only home he's ever known his whole life makes Leo's stomach churn in sadness and anxiety. He looks on, seeing the entrance to the Jedi Temple and just runs towards without a moment's hesitation.

Leo thinks to himself, Don't look back, this place is no longer your home it's time to move on.

The pillars of the entrance to the Jedi Temple loomed over Leo as he ran out of the Temple, blaster bolts are being shot all around the place. The feeling of wanting to engage the Clone Troopers in combat becomes harder and harder for him to ignore, however, he stays focused just on deflecting blaster bolts to distract himself from fighting back. The outside of the temple is a war zone with Jedi and Troopers fighting until one side is completely wiped out.

Some were not fighting, however, the Padawan's were attempting to hide or run away. While trying to deflect a blaster bolt, Leo is hit on his right forearm. He struggles to deflect another and stumbles, falling onto his face, but he is still conscious. He rolls onto his back and tries to assess the wound, until he feels his eye lids start to become heavy, they open and close at random until black out.

5 Hours Later....

Leo wakes, in an unfamiliar bed, the feeling of soft and smooth sheets is the first indication to him, he isn't in the Jedi Temple anymore. He struggles to prop himself up looking down at his bandaged-up arm and then looks around the room. This place seems familiar, he thinks to himself, the circular structure of the room, the grey floors, red walls all seem so... familiar, but he can't connect the dots. It's still night time but it appears the sun will rise soon.

Then it hits him. Leo's in his mentor's room, Riyo Chuchi, who had been Leo's mentor since he was eleven. His Master, Aayla Secura, thought it would be a good idea for Leo to be taught by a senator to understand how the Republic Senate worked.

Riyo enters the room and stops in surprise to see Leo awake before she runs to the bed and hugs him.

"Thank goodness you're awake". She blurs out, in great relief to her pupil in good health. He hugs back slowly with his right arm, supporting himself with his left.

"How did I get here?" Leo inquires, still confused by how he got here.

Riyo's face turns cautious and she dodges the question, "That doesn't matter now. Just rest". She slowly lays him down onto his back and kisses his forehead. "You will find out in time."

Leo's tries to respond, but Riyo put her finger on his mouth and whispers, "Hush now, just rest." He obliges as she kisses him one last time on the forehead, making him blush, feeling a dream come true.

sAp