Chapter 4 - Old Sparks, New Flames

The Next Day...

The sound of blaster bolts faintly echoed through Jedi Temple. As Master Obi-wan Kenobi and Master Yoda deflect bolts every which way at the clone troopers with such precision and grace in their technique you could almost say they were dancing.

The hiss coming off Leo and Xavier's jetpacks could be heard by Master Obi-wan and Yoda as they flew overhead. Leo sees Obi-wan and Yoda at the entrance of the temple and decides to land in the middle of the conflict. Pulling two Westar-34 pistols from his holsters and shooting the last few troopers.

The corpses drop to the floor one by one. Leo lands and removes his helmet. A sigh of relief escapes him while he bows in respect. "Master Obi-wan, Master Yoda. What are you doing here? If you don't mind me asking?" He greets, placing the Westar's back in their holsters.

Xavier interrupts as he is lands. "Why'd ya fly away from me like that?" He quickly withdraws his comment noticing Obi-wan and Yoda realizing his rude intrusion, apologises. Slightly tipping his head forward doing a half ass attempt at bowing.

Obi-wan and Yoda, quite familiar with Xavier's oblivious nature glance at each other and shrug it off. "It's quite alright Xavier. And the reason we are back at the temple, young padawan is to deactivate signal that tells all Jedi that weren't in the temple to return and that the wars over."

"And to discover who is behind this tragic event, it is." Yoda adds.

Leo then replies, quick to answer Yoda. "That's an easy question to answer, Master. It was Master Obi-wan's former padawan who led th..."

"It was who?" Obi-wan interrupts, his eyes widen from Leo's words.

"It was your former apprentice Anakin Skywalker, Master Obi-wan. He led the attack with the 501st Legion. They shot us down like we were wamp rats, I was luckily saved by Xavier." He looks back over his shoulder flashing mocking glare to Xavier.

Xavier, putting on an innocent face retorts. "I said I was sorry what else do ya want from me?"

Obi-wan walks back a few small steps and puts his left hand on his forehead, falling onto the temple steps in shock from Leo's words. "Are you sure it was Anakin?"

"I'm positive Master, however, he doesn't go by that name anymore. I overheard some troopers call him Darth Vader as the clones enter the temple." Leo answers, sympathetic to Obi-wan's reaction.

"See for ourselves we must." Yoda says to Obi-wan, comforting him.

Everyone walks into the temple. Obi-wan tries to keep an open mind with the information he with holds. The corpses of the fallen Jedi still lay in the temple untouched. Leo - carrying his helmet - starts to have flashbacks of the scourge that befell him. Sweat starts to pour down his face, his breathe becomes heavy. Everything he saw and did, the memories still rapidly resonate within him. Randomly flashing different sequences of the engagement. He starts to hesitantly walk back.

"Ya alright mate?" Xavier asks, turning back to his best friend.

Leo trips over a corpse. It's the little girl he'd seen shot right in front of him. Her vacant stare gives way to his fear rising causing him to scream in fear and run out of the temple.

Obi-wan and Yoda look back to Xavier, both saying nothing, but at the same time telling him to console Leo with their wise, benevolent gaze. Xavier nods in agreement and walks out. He puts on his helmet. Leo sits on the stairs that lead into the temple with his head in his hands looking down at the ground, Xavier sits next to him - taking his helmet off.