Chapter 2.

Jacob woke up in a glum mood. He was upset at the fact that he had to go to school. He rolled his eyes and groaned. He looked at himself in the mirror and sighed. He was an outcast, a invisible variable, there but not seen. Being gay in high school is something that he can't hide, especially when you're in love with the starting forward on the basketball team at Fairway High in Los Angeles.

"Jacob?" His mother said as she looked inside his room. "Your friend is here. Get up and get ready."

"Yes, Madré." He smiled, looking at the door. "Send her up."

"Okay." She smiled. "A mi me gusta Imani."

He sat back and waited for his best friend, Imani. She's been his best friend since first grade. She's been by his side since he came out in freshman year. He was excited to see her.

"Jake!" She smiled when she walked inside. "I've missed you, babe."

She kissed Jake's lips and smiled. He blushed and they laid in the bed. She slipped off her timberlands and sweater. She laughed and held onto him. He wrapped an arm around her and sighed.

"What's wrong?" She said. "I hate to see you mad."

"I don't feel like getting teased today." Jacob growled. "It's too much."

"Oh." She sighed. "I don't know why you even care, Jake. Just ignore them. I know it's hard, but it'll get better."

"You always say that, it isn't gonna work." He pouted. "It never does."

"You're fabulous though!" She exclaimed. "I don't know why they don't see that."

"I know right?" He smirked. "And if I was to get a boyfriend, I'd be the one to bust it open though."

"BAM!" They laughed.

Jacob was happy he had a friend like Imani. They were comfortable with each other. Jacob got ready. He put on khaki pants, Taxi 12s, and a plain black v-neck shirt. Imani had on the same thing, but she had on her Timberlands instead. They walked out and got into Imani's car. Imani had a White Charger. Imani plugged in her phone to her car and played her favorite song.

Hijack - Tyga.

"Ugh." Jacob groaned. "This is definitely one of the things I hate about you, your choice in music."

"Tyga has his own style!" Imani persuaded. "I understand he talks about pussy, money, and weed, but he's just trying to make it in the music business and I respect him for that."

"I never looked at it like that." Jacob smiled. "I guess I'll listen."

It's the hooligan drop-top, one-shot shoota.

Money on my mind, bitch I'm all about the mula.

Mo'fuckin' beast, bitch call me King Koopa.

Got bitches like Hooters, we ain't smokin' that hookah.

"He got a sick rhythm to him though." Jacob said. "I guess he's okay."

"Facts or Nah?" She said in a ghetto voice, making Jacob laugh. He watched her pull up to the school. "Let us be on our way!"

"Okay."

The two walked into the school. Imani had her at around his arm, holding his muscle. He looked down at her and kissed her temple. He walked along the lockers until someone threw him into the locker. Chresanto August.

"Wassup, Fag?" Chresanto snapped. "What's good though?"

"Get the fuck off him, asshole!" Imani yelled, trying to push Chresanto away. He smirked down at her and didn't even move when she pushed him. "I hate you!"

"Look at you struggling." Chresanto scoffed and blushed. "What's good m-"

Imani kneed him in the balls. He groaned out and squealed in pain. She smirked and when he tried to grab her and Jacob, Imani grabbed Jacob and they ran down the hallway toward their classroom for first hour.

"You made the boy I'm in love with, blush." Jacob said when they got down the hall.

"I can't control his facial reactions." Imani laughed. "Let's just go to class."

Jacob didn't like that Imani made him blush. He was gonna have to keep Imani away from him from now on.