The Rebellious Guard

Someone knocks on the door, waking me up.
"Go back to sleep, I got it," Maxon says.
It's still dark and I'm still tired.
I look at the clock. It's 6 AM.
I sit up as Maxon opens the door. A guard salutes from the other side.
"We caught the rebellious guard sir," he informs us.
I get up. Maxon looks at me.
"Go back to bed," Maxon insists.
"No. I want to go with you," I say.
He sighs then nods.
We both get dressed then head to the throne room where the man is being held and chained up for now. Maxon told me that he'll be read his rights, the very little he has, then Maxon will decide his punishment.
We both sit in our thrones. The man is facing us and kneels on the ground in front of us.
Maxon first reads his rights which didn't take long.
"What you have done is wrong. Do you agree?" Maxon asks with a bitter tone.
"Yes sir," the man agrees.
"You are being charged due to holding the queen captive and threatening her life. You're also being charged for the stolen possessions of the royal family. You will receive ten lashings and life in jail."
I look at the man and start to feel bad. Marlee and Carter went through so much pain after their lashings. He'll probably be treated pretty badly in the jail too. He might not live long.
"For not doing your duty and your rebellious acts against the crown, your home will be sold but your possessions will go to any family you have. You will have the chance to write them an approved letter explaining what is going on. Your lashings will be public and will not be treated until you get to your cell. You will also be questioned. Do you understand."
The man nods.
"Bring him to his cell," Maxon orders.
They drag him out.
A guard brings over legal papers and has Maxon sign them.
"Excuse me," I say.
They both look at me.
"Where's the guard that helped me?"
"What do you mean?" Maxon asks.
"The guard that negotiated and stopped him."
"That's would be me your majesty," the guard says with a bow.
"I want to thank you for saving me."
"There's no need your majesty. I was merely doing my job to protect the crown."
"You were brave and said something when you could've been killed. I really am grateful."
Maxon smiles and continues filling out the papers.
"It's an honor miss," he says with another bow.
"What's your name?"
"Officer Lovell."
"I mean first name."
"Uh, Jacin miss."
"Thank you Jacin. You're a truly brave, honorable soldier and person."
He smiles.
"Officer Lovell was the one who set up the protection system for everyone here. He's also training with the newbies every other night even though it's not his job. He watches the kids rooms a lot too," Maxon says.
I look at Jacin who was looking at me. He looks away. He's not supposed to look directly at us unless being spoken to.
"I want to give you a patch of honor for your great service for this country and for protecting my family."
"Thank you."
Maxon hands him the finished papers. He takes them and bows then walks away.
"That was sweet, my dear," Maxon says while taking my hand and helping me up.
"He deserves the patch. He's helped so much."
Maxon nods in agreement.
"I'm so glad you picked me."
"I wouldn't pick anyone else."
"You were going to pick Kriss."
"I wouldn't have been happy."
"I wouldn't have been happy either."
He pecks my lips.
"Let's go see our babies," I say.
He smiles and we head to the kids rooms.