Chapter 11: Double Trouble

Start from the beginning

"You'll be fine. You all will be," Reggie said confidently, turning around as he began to head back to his desk at the front of the class. "You're all passionate about Pokemon and that's what will make you successful at a school like this." When he reached his desk and sat down, he looked back up at Clemont and his friends. "Pay more attention in the next few classes, though. We've got an interesting assignment coming up." He then narrowed his eyes in amusement and smirked. "Now you guys should get going. Study up for that test on Thursday."

As Clemont led the way out of the class, he could hear Ash asking Serena in a slightly panicked voice about the obviously non-existent test. "I didn't hear him say anything about a test. What test? I don't know how to write a test."

"It's fine, Ash, he was joking," Serena told him quickly, as the three came to a stop out in the lobby of the Shinx Building. "At least I think he was. Besides, you know that stuff pretty well, don't you? You seem to know everything about Pokemon."

"Uh...there are some things that confuse me," Ash admitted, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. He exchanged a glance with an amused looking Pikachu, before looking out the window of the building. "So what do you guys wanna do? I'd like to get some training in before our next class, Clemont. What do you think?"

"Sure, I'm up for that," Clemont agreed, happy, but not at all surprised, that Ash was as restless to get in some training as he was. He then looked at Serena. "How about you, Serena? What are you gonna do?"

"Not really sure," she said with a shrug. "I guess I'll just head back to the dorm room and wait for Shauna. Maybe we can practice for our Fashion class later on."

"Huh?" Ash looked kind of confused by this and stared blankly at Serena. "Why not come with us? I'd like to see one of your performance routines."

Clemont nodded, looking at Serena as he was about to echo Ash's request. Serena was a little quicker in responding, though, nodding and smiling at the offer. "Sure, I guess it would be good to practice that as well."

"Great, then let's go. I want to get to training as soon as possible. Pikachu and Greninja need some battling practice. I think we're all going crazy without it." Ash quickly took Serena and Clemont each by the arm and pulled them along behind him. "Let's not waste any time!" he exclaimed, glancing back and seeing them struggling to keep up.

It didn't take too long to get to the training facilities, as Ash had managed to get Clemont and Serena to go at a fairly good pace. It was a mini miracle for Clemont, actually, as he was rarely able to walk very fast. He supposed he was excited about training as well, so that motivated him to move quickly. That, and Ash pulling him and Serena along. Neither of them seemed to mind, though. Serena seemed quite happy, actually.

When they made it there, they quickly headed in and Ash turned towards a collection of phones set up at the side of the lobby. "Hey, maybe I should call Professor Oak and I can get a couple of my other Pokemon in for a training session."

"Oh, I'd love to see some of your other Pokemon!" Serena told him excitedly, eyes shining. "Yeah, call Professor Oak."

"I'd like to see more of your Pokemon as well," Clemont chimed in, interested to see just what Ash had, besides those he had used during the Kalos League.

"All right then, I'll give Professor Oak a quick call," Ash said, leading the way over to the phones. As he sat down in front of one of the phones, he looked up at Pikachu on his shoulder. "I wonder who we should call over. Maybe some of the Kanto Pokemon. It's been a while since any of them have had a proper chance to battle."

As Ash dialled the number for Professor Oak, Clemont and Serena waited behind him, tensed up with excitement. Not only were they getting to see some of Ash's old Pokemon, but they'd also get to meet the famous Professor Oak. Finally, when the phone finished ringing, a man's voice came out of the speaker. "Hello, this is Professor Oak's research lab."