Chapter 5: A Challenging Gym Battle

Start from the beginning

"I have," Serena admitted, reaching into her pocket and pulling out her tablet. She quickly looked up the website for the school and once it was loaded, handed the tablet over to Shauna. "And Clemont apparently made that website," she said with a laugh.

Shauna nodded, smirking a little as her eyes scanned the screen in front of her. "Wow, Professor Sycamore must have put a lot of work into this whole thing," she pointed out, her eyes widening a little. "There are so many classes. Even ones that aren't dedicated to Pokemon."

Serena felt herself getting a little excited by just watching Shauna go over all the different opportunities that the school had to offer. "Do you see anything you like?" she asked, knowing full well that Shauna was likely interested in nearly everything she saw on the website, considering she had a huge grin and her eyes were shining with excitement.

"Yeah, I'll definitely be doing that Pokemon Fashion class. That would be perfect for one of those fashion shows, like they did in the Coumarine Showcase. It could really come in handy to learn how to better design our own outfits." Shauna continued to read through the website for a few more minutes, and then looked up at Serena. "Do you know anything about this Interschool Pokemon League?" she asked curiously.

"Not really," Serena answered, only remembering Palermo briefly mentioning it. She did say I should make sure to get involved, though. I should make sure to know more about it. "It's got something to do with school teams, right?" she asked, leaning forward a bit, so she could hear Shauna's answer better.

"It says here, that it's considered by many to be the highest skilled competition outside of Pokemon Leagues, Masterclass Showcases and Grand Festivals," Shauna answered, as she read off what the website had to say about the IPL. "The Battle Team, is a team of three trainers, and they face off against other schools, with each trainer pitted against one from the other school's team in a series of one on one battles. Each team gets a point for a single win, and can get up to three points for every school battle."

Serena thought of Tierno and Trevor, who were both very capable trainers. With Trevor having a Charizard that could mega evolve, and Tierno's confusing dancing tactics, the two of them would make Lumiose University Battle Team a pretty good team to start off with. "I can't wait to tell Tierno and Trevor about this. I think they'll really like this idea."

Shauna smirked, raising a clenched fist in front of her face, eyes lighting up with confidence. "Lumiose University's already got the best battle team out there. Tierno, Trevor and probably Clemont as well. Two Kalos League trainers and a Gym Leader. We'll be unstoppable!"

Serena hadn't thought about Clemont, but that definitely made sense. She wasn't much of an expert on battling, but there was no doubt in her mind that a Gym Leader would definitely help out with making the Lumiose University Battle Team a success. Of course, other schools probably have good trainers as well, she admitted to herself. "What about the Performing Team?" she asked, glancing down from embarrassment. She probably should have researched a bit more about it, but she'd been more focused on ensuring her routines were well prepared for the beginning of school.

"Did Palermo not mention anything about that?" Shauna asked, giggling a little at Serena's embarrassment about not having done any previous research.

"Well, when she told me about the school, she popped into my house for about ten minutes, and then ran off back here to Lumiose City," Serena muttered, a little surprised at her mini outburst. "I never had time to ask her any questions. If she'd said anymore, I probably would've been more interested and looked it up."

Shauna nodded, looking like she just wanted to move the conversation along, clearly able to tell that the Palermo subject made Serena a little nervous. "Alright, alright," she murmured, looking back down at the tablet. "Let's see..." she narrowed her eyes as she began to read, and Serena could see that her friend looked a little surprised.