Things change

Later that day

Majesty pov

"Hey mute! Wake the fuck up!" A girl yelled shaking me harshly.
I sat up without saying a word as she climbed down the ladder and walked away. I looked around to see everyone getting dressed in nice clothes.

I grow nervous and grab my phone to check the time.
Fuck it's 5:30 pm.
Damn I was sleeping all day?
Well I needed it.
I rapidly climb down the ladder since the families start to come at 5:45-6:00 pm.
I speed walk pushing past everyone going to my small area of the closet and grab the only nice clothes that I always wear to only events like this.
My dress.
It's my only one too.
I throw it on since I took a shower this morning already and grab my uggs.
This is what the dress looks like.

I put on my ugg boots and run into the bathroom with my brush and do my hair

I grab my makeup and carefully apply it to my legs so the bruises and tattoos won't show.
I take my braids out leaving my hair longs and wavy. I apply makeup to my face and cover the bruises and put Vaseline on my lips.

"Okay girls the families are here! It's 6 o'clock! Make your way downstairs!" The nuns all announced.
I sighed.
I'm not getting adopted.
I never do.
I wish we had a choice to stay in the rooms.
But noooooo.
We all HAVE to fucking go.

I walked downstairs along with the other girls to see about 20 families.
I get nervous.
I don't like seeing people.
Nor talking to them. I mean, I never do anyways.
All 60 girls line up in rows, and I go into the last row in the back all the way to the left to not get attention.

I'm short anyway so I'm good.

The families scattered picking and choosing other girls.
Passing right by me.

Until this man walks up to me.

"Hi you seem nice what's your name?" He asks.
I look up at him.
"Majesty." I say shyly.

He then goes into thought and then looks at me again.

"I hope you get adopted someday Majesty bye." And with that he walked away down the row. I stared at him and he talked to this other girl who was further down my row.
He then held her hand and went to the nuns while she stood by him, and she smiled from ear to ear as she ran upstairs.

Ugh must be nice.

~

It's been about an hour now and parents walked by me, didn't even talk to me.
The last family left with their new child and I sighed.
Told you I won't be adopted.
"Okay girls next time God will grant way of you getting adopted!" A nurse announced.
"But come upstairs and get ready for dinner." Another nun said.
I looked around to see girls crying, about to cry, angry, and some with just a blank face.
We all proceeds to walk upstairs.

"Wait! Wait! I'm sorry I'm late it's work and all but I came here to adopt." A woman said. She looked hespanic, and has long black hair and her curls looked like she did it with a curling iron. She had red lipstick and a suit with a pencil shirt and black shiny high heels,and a Michael Kors purse.

She's rich.

All of us including me looked at her.
The nuns looks at eachother.
"It's fine ma'am you could still adopt," a nun said walking up to her.
The woman looked very pretty.
"Thank you so much." She said relieved and touching her heart.
"Okay girls! Line back up!" Another nun announced.
Oh my lord I'm not going to be adopted so why the fuck would I wanna line back up for a woman who will reject me. We all lined back up, and the woman walked through the rows of us. She studied everyone's faces while grinning. I looked down to the floor as the sound of her heels slowly clicked on the wood floors getting louder and louder signifying she was coming closer to me. She then passed me.
Oh well I don't care my life already sucks
But her heels stopped and I felt the loudness of her heels get louder again coming towards me.
It then stopped and I saw,

feet with black shiny heels standing right in front of me.
I grow nervous.

"Hi Hun! Why are you looking to the floor?"
I looked up suddenly.
Wow she's vveeerrrryyyy pretty.
I shrugged.
"What's your name?" She asked.
"Majesty..." I say shyly.
"I'm Monica, you're beautiful," she says taking her hand out for me to shake.
I hesitate but give in and shake her hand slowly.
"Thank you." I mumble.
"How old are you?" She asks.
"I'm turning 17 soon on New Year's Eve." I say lowly.
"Oh! I thought you were 11,"she says chucking.
I look down.
"Would you like to be my new daughter? Because I want a 17 year old and I think you'll be the perfect daughter for me." She says softly.
I suddenly looks up and my eyes widen.
I could hear girls sighing and sucking their teeth in aggravation.

"O-okay," I say astonished staring at her.