"Meaning?"

"Meaning no one told you to save me and no one told you to do all...this," she gestured. I had brought her ice cream, but I didn't know what else I deserved her gratitude for.

"The other day you wondered why I was in that First Aid and CPR class," I recalled. "I wanna be a hero when I grow up. Might as well start now."

I always wanted to tactically help people...military, police, firefighter—something. Now that I felt...different...ever since Devin's experiment, I felt even more obliged.

"So then why are you here?" she whispered. If only she knew...

"Because I wanted to see how you were doing and you told me to come, remember?" I replied.

"I didn't expect you to listen," she scoffed in a laugh.

"And why's that?" I asked with a smile.

"Because you never listen to me."

She couldn't be more wrong.

"The only reason you broke up with her is because we all know you're a player that doesn't give a shit about anyone. Not even yourself," I remembered her tell me. "You're cold and heartless and you know that I'm telling the truth." Just like our other conversations, I listened...and didn't respond.

"Just like I never care about anyone because I'm cold and heartless?" I asked in a breath, my mind veering in a new direction; this avenue was quite sad. Her look changed.

"You remember that?" she whispered. I nodded once.

"I remember everything," I notified. She looked in my eyes and then got confused. Please tell me they're brown right now.

"Wait. Weren't your—"

"Well it'd be nice to have been invited to the party," Lulu commented, stepping into the room and announcing her presence. I tightened my jaw and then slid away from Angel. I also dropped my spoon in the nearly-empty pint of ice cream. I sighed frustratedly and rolled my eyes. "Or at least let me know the Great Hallow-Tyler war is finally over."

"Um...I'll just go..." I said, standing up. Lulu was being herself and trying to make light out of a situation, but it shifted the mood of the room and I still didn't want to be involve myself with her when I wanted to focus on Angel.

"Stop," Angel said, grabbing my wrist. I hadn't felt the flames of the fire, but her touch felt like absolute electricity to me. "Might as well stay and make up instead of postponing it this time."

I frowned at that assumption. She was implying the inevitably revolving status of me and Lulu's relationship. Even though she could see me in a better light now, she expected Lulu and me to get back together as if it was all she knew—because it was all that she knew. And that's my fault...or maybe Lulu's.

"She can't make this up," I growled without giving Lulu a look.

"Zac—"

I shook my head and left. My eyes started burning once more as I left the hospital room. The only person there was Devin and he was currently on the phone.

"Dude, we gotta talk," I told him, regardless to his conversation. He quickly concluded his conversation, nodded and then we made our way back to his and Angel's house.

***

"It's truly incredible," Devin commented. "How would you feel if you became a superhero?"

"What?"

"Well I mean, I can run some more tests and see if you have any powers," he shrugged.

"Like what? Having some ability to change eye colors unwillingly—"