Chapter-45 The One Where They Get Nikkahfied

Haroon's POV
Hearing those two words from her mouth brought a strange kind of happy feeling to my heart.
The nikkah part of Abeer was done from the other side of the drape and now I was going to be asked.

"Kya aap ko Qubool hai?"- The question was finally asked after several other verses were recited.
I gulped and shut my eyes, took a deep breath and opened again.

"Kya aap ko Qubool hai?"- The question was asked again.

I smiled and nodded, "Qubool hai."
The Maulvi sahab hugged and congratulated me, followed by Dad and Abeer's dad.

"Welcome to the family Jeeju."- Emad said as he hugged me and I hugged him back.

"Mubarak ho."- Sahil and Ali came together to congratulate and one by one hugged me and I hugged them
back.

After a long wait, Abeer you are lawfully my newly wedded wife.

After the nikkah ceremony Abeer was again taken back to the room and I was made sit at the stage alone waiting for my bride to enter the hall.

Ali and Sahil were continuously there for my company and Ayan was busy playing with Sahil's little princess Alizae on the front guest seat.

After a few minutes of wait the lights got dim and a slow music played in the background. I saw Abeer entering the hall with her dad , mom and Emad on either sides of her.

Maliha and Sumaiyya were coming behind her, holding her lehnga carefully.

Her head was hung low but she still looked stunning in the red golden embroided lehnga through the lights shining on her.

I saw her dad, he had slight moisture in his eyes which is obvious on this big day for her daughter.

Abeer reached near the stage and I went nearer to give her hand.
She looked at me, her eyes shined brightly and I smiled broadly looking at her, at my....wife.

She held my hand tightly and I helped her come up the stage.
She now stood right in front of me with a broad smile and even my smile was not fading so soon.

We both looked deep down into eachother's eyes.
Finally together, Alhumdulilah.

The flashes of cameras were continuously being clicked by the photographers.

"You look so....pretty."- I said to her smiling genuinely and she blushed.

"Thank God you didn't say "Horrible"- She said with a smile and made me chuckle as I remembered the day when she wore a blue sari for the first time and I had called her 'horrible' out of fun, instead she looked absolute gorgeous.

"You looked pretty back then, you look pretty right now and I know you will remain the same forever."- I genuinely smiled and said while holding her hands in mine and she smiled back.

We both were made sit on the sofa present on the stage and Maliha and Summi kept on coming checking on Abeer incase she needs anything.
They surely did play their parts of being the best sisters really well.

The guests came one by one giving us their dua's and best wishes for a happy married life.

I interwined my fingers with Abeer's and looked at it carefully.

"What are you looking at?"- Abeer asked. I felt the smile in her voice.

"Our hands. Your hands look perfect in mine. They look so good together."- I said still looking at our hands and she chuckled.