Chapter-21 The One With The Betrayal

The song for this chapter 👆🏻

Present Day.

Sumaiyya's POV
We three were sitting in an empty classroom and I was shocked what I just saw a while ago.
Mr Haroon was engaged for all this time?

But Abeer was more shocked and broken. She was just not in her senses. Nothing seemed to be at it's right place.
She was broken, hurt and shocked all at the same time.
And my heart ached looking at her in this condition.
Maliha was trying to console her but Aby was neither crying nor reacting, she was just sitting like a statue trying to figure out what just happened.

I never thought I would see my best friend in this condition. Abeer has always been full of life and exciting but I never thought Abeer would have to go through a heartbreak herself.
She has always been strength for all of us, cheered us up in hard times. Today I am feeling defeated, how do I bring back that smile on my friends face.

"Abeer please say something"- Maliha nudged Abeer hardly.
Tears had started to well up in Maliha's eyes as well seeing Aby in such state.

Aby looked towards Maliha, her face emotion less.
"What do I say Maliha?"- Abeer said.
"I never thought that I will ever fall in love, but now when I have, it has thought me a good lesson"- Abeer gave a defeated smile.

"Abeer please don't say like this, get yourself together. You are strong and you have the right to question Mr. Haroon about this betrayal!"- Maliha said, anger was evident in her tone.

"I don't want to ask anyone about anything. When we all have seen the truth from our own eyes, Now what's left to ask?! I WAS WRONG MALIHA!! I WAS WRONG! AND YOU BOTH WERE WRONG!!"- Abeer said looking at both of us angrily.
Unknown tears left her eye.

"He is also like other guys!! Who use girls just to satisfy their damn ego!! The only quality he has is that he is an excell...ent li...ar"- Abeer said angrily and at the end broke down in tears.

I quickly bend down on my knees in front of Abeer and cupped her face, and Maliha grabbed her by shoulders, trying to console her.

"Shshh Abeer...stop crying. You are brave enough to handle these situations. You can't turn weak in front of such people!"- I said, trying my best to give her strength.

"Abeer listen to me"- Maliha held Abeer's chin and turned her face towards her.
"Abeer he has hurted your pride, You need to stay strong Aby and I know you never give up! I understand it's hard time but trust me, you will get over it. Just stay strong."- Maliha finished her sentence by giving Aby a smile.

"You are right Maliha, He has hurted my pride. He has made me fallen in my own eyes. I will never forgive him...NEVER!"- Abeer said while wiping her tears.

--------------------------------------------

Haroon's POV
I excused myself from Sir. Omair's office and left Armeena with him to chat.
I needed to talk to Abeer somehow. I know she must be in a shock that I betrayed her and I surely did. But I tried my best to talk to her and tell her the truth but I never got the chance.
I was searching her everywhere but couldn't find her.
Abeer kahan ho tum!

I finally found her in an isolent classroom where Sumaiyya and Maliha were also present with Abeer.
I saw Abeers eyes, they were puffed and swollen. She must be crying.

My heart ached looking at her in this condition and the worst part is I am the reason.
She was shocked to see me there and stood up from the seat.

She wiped off her tears and was about to walk past me but I stopped her way.
"I need to talk to you Abeer"- I said without looking at her, because I was ashamed to make an eye contact with her.