Chapter-28 The One With The Motivation

Abeer's POV
"Hey Abeer what happened? Why do you look so dull?"- Sophia came and asked me as I stood by the espresso machine, making coffee for Haroon.

"Nothing"- I replied in a thin line.
"Did the director say something to you?"- Sophia inquired worriedly and I just gave her a helpless look.

It's not just his rude behaviour Sophia, it's so much more behind his actions that I cannot understand.

"Listen to me Abeer"- Sophia made me sit on the chair and pulled a chair for herself beside me.
"I know Mr. Haroon is a really rude man and he can go to any extent to break a person internally, and it's really difficult to handle him, only his 4 year old son can control his anger."- Sophia said and realization hit me.

He is married and has a son.

"Many assistants came and left in these two months because nobody was able to tolerate his anger and rudeness, only Martha was his first assistant who understood him well and he also behaved patiently with her. Infact Mr. Haroon had threw a farewell party for her before her retirement.
He takes all the responsibility of employees and their families, educating their children, providing insurance etc.
Mr. Haroon also sends a cheque every month to an organization to educate children and he is associated with many other NGO's program."- Sophia said emphzising on Haroon's good side.

"He is not that bad either."- Sophia winked at the end and I just stared at her face.

"I don't really motivate people like this but you are something unique. I like your confidence and I am sure you are going to rise among all negativity. Just don't give up."- Sophia honestly smiled and motivated me.

"Now get back to work girl or else Mr. Haroon will get more angrier."-Sophia took a deep breath and patted my shoulder.

"I will catch you later"- She said and I nodded smiling weakly.

Sophia left and my train of thoughts had started.
What the hell is wrong with him? why is he behaving so strange? That day when I met him in hospital he wasn't like this, he was calm and composed then what has happened to him now!

I was fighting with my thoughts when my phone buzzed and it was Erum Api's call.

"Hello"- I answered.
"How's the first day of work going so far Aby?"- Erum Api asked. I could sense her smiling broadly.

"Not so good."- I left a deep breath and said.
"Why? what happened? Is your boss too rude?"- She asked.
"Too much."- I said helplessly.

"Ohhh that's not a good news."- Erum Api said. "But Abeer you know right, nothing comes easy in this world? you gotta work hard to earn your name."- She continued.

"But Api it's not easy! He is just so rude and angry for no reason. I feel like giving up! I just don't want to work in this environment!
The coffee I brought, he literally spitted out from his mouth! Can you belive it? Who does that with his employees!"- I cross questioned her.

"May be your boss is testing your self-confidence? He will try to break you, disheart you but you have to prove him
wrong! and I know you can do it. I know you won't give up so easily. You are not my weak sister.!"- Erum api said motivating me.

"Tum ek fighter ho Abeer. Tum bahadur ho!
Now you have to decide Abeer kya zindagi bhar ek bechari ban ke rehna chahti ho ya phir you will fight for yourself?"
I want that Abeer who smiles, laughs and fights with me and calls me Mr.Egostic." - Suddenly his words were ranging in my mind which he had said six years ago.