Chapter-23 The One After Six Years

Tehmina's POV
"Bhabhi aap samjhaein na Abeer ko, mujhse ziada to wo aap ki sunti hai. App baat kareingi usse to shayad wo shaadi ke liye raazi hojaegi."- Rahila said over the phone.
"Rahila! Rahila relax. Don't worry, mein baat karongi usse."- I assured her.

Being a mother she is worried for her daughter's future. It's been 3 years since Abeer is living with us here in America, doing her MBA.
Rahila was right she is no more the same Abeer whose laugh used to lighten up the whole tensed situation. Instead now, she just laughs for the sake of others happiness. She gives a forced smile.

"Mom I am home!"- Erum shouted while entering the house.
"Rahila me tumse baad me baat karti hoon, and don't worry I will talk to Abeer about this."- With that we hung up the call.

"How was your day at Univeristy Professor Sahiba?"- I smiled and asked my daughter while offering her a glass of water.

"Very amazing yet a hectic day"- She said as she took the glass.

"Whose call was it Mom?"- Erum asked.

"Your Rahila chachi."- I sat down beside her on the dining table.
"Again the same topic?"- Erum asked making a face.
"As usual"- I shrugged my shoulders and said.

"Mom I think Abeer needs time. And it's her right. Marriage is a big decision, we can't just push her forcefully to get married!"- Erum said.

"But how much more time beta? Tum
log to bare araam se keh dete ho "we need some more time" But what about us parents? Don't we wish to see our child's blessed life?"- I said with a pout.

"Mom everything happens at it's best time. And don't worry Abeer will be soon blessed with a happy life too."- Erum genuinely smiled and said.

"In shaa Allah beta. But Erum I think you should talk to her once. Don't you feel she is lost somewhere? I don't know why I feel that something is killing her inside. You are her elder cousin sister beta, I think you should talk to her."- I suggested.

"Don't worry mom, I will talk to her."- Erum assured me.
"Mom, Aila and Hadi bhai are coming for dinner tonight,right?"- Erum asked.

"Yess they are coming, so be ready at the dinner time and also message Abeer to come home soon"- I said.

"Okay Mom. I think I will rest for a while now in my room. See you in the evening."- She kissed my cheek and got
up to leave.

"Saaf saaf kyun nahi kehti apne fiance "Zohaib" se baat karni hai."- I teased her.
"MOMMMM!!!"- She blushed and left.

Pagli.

--------------------------------------------
Aila's POV
"Aray bhai hamari dosri saali sahiba kahan hain?"- Hadi asked about Abeer.

"Ready ho rahi hogi beta. Ajj university se late aai aur aate hi so gai, khana bhi nahi khaya usne. Keh rahi thi ke Aila baji aur Hadi bhai ke saath hi dinner karongi. She is also eager to meet both of you."- Mom said smiling.

"Talk of the angel and there she comes."- Erum said looking towards the stairs from where Abeer was coming down.

She was dressed elegantly in a black and white shalwar kameez, matching earings and light makeup with usual bright smile on her face.

"Here comes my teesri guriya."- Dad said smiling widely and kept his hand on her head giving her best wishes.

"MashaAllah bohoth piyari lag rahi hai meri guriya."- Mom said smiling at Abeer.

Abeer hugged me tightly and greeted Hadi, smiling broadly.

"I was waiting for you guys for so long. Itni der lagadi aap logon ne aane me. Pata hai Hadi bhai mene subha se kuch khaya bhi nahi hai."- Abeer said with a pout.
"Aray yaar kya karon, ye tumhari behan haina iska sajna sawarna hi khatam nahi hota."- Hadi said putting all blame on me for getting late.