Chapter-42 The One With The Slap

Sumaiyya's POV
Abeer took us to our secret spot in university where we used to hide from all others and do our gossips, laugh and streghten our bond.

Abeer told us everything she has been through in last six years of her life. She told us how Mr. Haroon and she crossed each others way again.
How life happened and Mr. Haroon turned out to be her boss.

"And he got married and has a cute little son Ayan, who is so not like him."- Abeer said, smiling at the last part.

"Huh! I thought he would have left some shame and won't marry Armeena if he truly loved you. But he is such a shameful person! Shadi bhi karli aur to aur bacha bhi karlia!"- Maliha said with disgust in her tone and I agreed, where as Abeer was in deep thoughts.

"Hey kahan kho gai?"- Maliha snapped her fingers in front of Abeer and she smiled and shaked her head.

"Acha ye sab choro. Aby tell us about your love life. Shadi kab kar rahi hai tu?"- I smirked widely at Abeer.

"Yar jab koi mil jaega to karloongi."- Abeer said with a sad pout making both of us chuckle.

"Acha meri choro, tum dono apne bare me batao. Kon hain tum dono ke miyan? Aur kitne saal hogae tum dono ki shadi ko?"- Abeer showed her excitement in knowing about our lives.

"Let's start with you Miss Soon going to be a mother."- Abeer turned to Maliha and asked her.

I chuckled and Maliha blushed.

"His name is Sahil Chaudhry and it's been almost 2 years since we are in a khatta meetha married relationship."- Maliha smiled and her cheeks turned in a dark shade of pink, keeping her hand on her baby bump.

"Oyee hoyeee laali check karo."- I said mischiviously and Maliha lightly slapped on my arm, making Abeer laugh. 

"He is a restaurant owner. An arrogant, ego-centric, pompous man with a singular passion in life — cooking. And our story accidently started because I didn't like his restaurant's famous 'Zafrani Pulao' and I just complained about it on his face."- Maliha said and Abeer mouth was left open with an "O" shape.

"You complained about his restaurant's food on his face?"- Abeer asked shocked and Maliha mischiviously nodded her head.

"Aray, nahi pasand tha to chup rehti. Jeeja jee ko kitna bura laga hoga."- Abeer said sadly.

"Aray nahi bolti to in dono ki love story kaise shuru hoti?"- I said mischiviously and Abeer laughed.

"Han wo bhi hai."- Abeer laughed.
"Acha phir kya hua? How did this turned into a Zafrani Pulao love story?"- Abeer asked excitedly.

"We had an argument in the restaurant. He said that "How can you not like our restaurants famous zafrani pulao?" and I was like "I just don't like it simple!"

He asked, "What's missing in this?"
I said, "It's sweet. It's not supposed to be sweet."

"He actually insulted me in front of so many people present in his restaurant saying that I don't know the ABCD of cooking and I have never stepped inside the kitchen. Can you imagine he said that to me who makes the world's best biryani?!"- Maliha said mentally jerking her collars up at the end making me and Abeer laugh.

"Acha phir kya hua?"- Abeer asked.

"I didn't reply him back and just kept listening to his bitter words but the next day I answered him back by sending a plate of Zafrani Pulao which I cooked myself and showed him how actually it's made."- Maliha said smirking widely and me and Abeer gave an impressed look to her.